Accidentally disabled video card

Ask a question about your computer setup.
gump
New visitors - please read the rules.

I have an MB-8500TUC motherboard with a Cyrix P166+ processor. I had a problem which I thought was being caused by an offboard EIDE card and tried to disable it by using bios settings instead of just unplugging it. Bad idea. I entered setup and in "PCI / Plug and Play Setup" changed "Offboard PCI IDE Card" from "auto" to "slot 3" and "Offboard PCI IDE Primary" from "INTA" to "disable" and "Offboard PCI IDE Secondary" from "INTB" to "disable". Now when I turn the system on it beeps twice in quick succession followed after a short pause by 8 beeps then a longer pause and two beeps and flashing of keeboard lights with no video at all. If I am interpreting the beeps correctly this indicates a video card memory failure. Is there a way to reverse this mistake? I tried to enter setup without being able to see where I was at and counting my steps in order to reset Offboard PCI IDE Card to auto but either I'm not counting right or it's not going into setup mode. Have I any chance of reviving this system?
a_user
Good ol' Boy

See if there is a clear cmos jumper.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

gump
New visitors - please read the rules.

Thanks folks,

I'll try not to jump in over my head in the future. Nah, can't lie to you guys. I'll probably screw something up in the future. Great website. Thanks!