aleks3008

Ask a question about your computer setup.
aleks3008
New visitors - please read the rules.

I have Abit motherboard BX133-RAID. Her PS/2 (and probably USB) ports was damaged mechanicaly, so I start my system with serial mouse and USB keyboard connected in USB port on the USB Hub in PCI slot.
However, I can`t go in BIOS and set him because my keyboard is activate after Windows 98 start.

I want to ask: is the possible to set the BIOS parameters from the Windows or DOS? Exactly, I want to activate my integrated USB ports and go into BIOS!!!Probably, my integrated USB ports on-board is disabled!? I heard about some software with this function!!!TweakBios!??

THANKS!!!

milaca@yubc.net
aleks3008

aleks3008 wrote:I have an Abit motherboard BX133-RAID. Her PS/2 (and probably USB) ports was damaged mechanicaly, so I start my system with serial mouse and USB keyboard connected in USB port on the USB Hub in PCI slot.
However, I can`t go in BIOS and set him because my keyboard is activate after Windows 98 start.

I want to ask: is the possible to set the BIOS parameters from the Windows or DOS? Exactly, I want to activate my integrated USB ports and go into BIOS!!!Probably, my integrated USB ports on-board is disabled!? I heard about some software with this function!!!TweakBios!??

THANKS!!!

milaca@yubc.net
soupy
Absentee administrator

Award BIOS, right?

What you might try is using MODBIN.EXE to set the defaults on the BIOS to whatever settings you were planning on changing them to, then flash the modified BIOS.
Flash your BIOS at your own risk.
aleks3008

It`s AWARD BIOS v. 6.00. How looks it default settings regarding USB? Are the USB ports enabled (?), and USB keyboard support enabled?
If you have a time, send me all default BIOS settings for this version or show me where can i find them.

Thanks again.
p.s. Sorry about grammatical errors!
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

Default setting:
USB Keyboard Support Via: OS - this means that you can't use USB keyboard in BIOS or DOS (you need USB Keyboard Support Via: BIOS)
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere