CMOS Checksum

Ask a question about your computer setup.
Argosy
New visitors - please read the rules.

I have a Fujitsui Siemens Scenic D1170running on Win98. A young relative used it to play a game he had and since then each time I boot I get the following error message." CMOS checksum bad default configuration used Check LBA translation mode". The computer clock is OK and not losing time so I assume the battery is OK but would the gane that was loaded have made changes to the BIOS. Computer boots OK as long as you press F1 after the two short bleeps. Can anyone advise. Thank you in advance.
cp
BIOS Guru

Replace the battery. Enter the BIOS, adjust the settings to appropriate values and quit the BIOS with saving the changes. The message will disappear.
Argosy

Thanks for your reply. I will change the battery but not sure about what setting I would need to adjust as I never made a record of the settings before the Error message appeared. Must say thought the battery was OK as the clock etc are running OK.
Denniss
BIOS Guru

The clock settings must not always be lost. I recently had a system where the Bios settings were gone but date and time fine. Battery had 2.3V instead of 3/3.3V .

Replace the battery and load Setup/Performance defaults in Bios (or whatever your Bios supports).
Argosy

Thanks for your help will change battery and re-load the settings
albertlbrt11

Hello, I do have the same problem except that the IR shows a red led in s3 sleep mode, but Windows 7 starter is not awaking.
Is it required to have "USB root hub" beeing activated for "device can awake..."? Because it is greyed out here.

Do you have a solution?
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

is the second serial port selected in the list of devices in the bios that can wake it up, that is where your IR is usually residing by default.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...