help me please!

Ask a question about your computer setup.
cuongnd79
New visitors - please read the rules.

I am trying to upgrade to my video to a GeForce2 MX400 PCI card but my system came with onboard graphics (82810E on GIGA-6WMMC7). My bios does not have an option to disable and I have tried to disable through Device Manager but all I keep getting everytime I restart or power on is a black screen (the led in the monitor is blinking).

Does anyone have any advice for me on how to disable this? Should I change the jumper settings? Unfortunetely I cannot locate my GIGA-6WMMC7 on ANY websites or FTP sites of GIGABITE.
Thanks
(i have a gif for anyone who help me to fix this problem) :D
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Enter Bios. There seach for an Optin like "Primary VGA" or "VGA Boot from" or something similar. Switch this Option from OnBoard /AGP to PCI and your new PCI VGA should become the primary VGA device.

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Mot ... uctID=1447
cuongnd79

Denniss wrote:Enter Bios. There seach for an Optin like "Primary VGA" or "VGA Boot from" or something similar. Switch this Option from OnBoard /AGP to PCI and your new PCI VGA should become the primary VGA device.

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Mot ... uctID=1447
Thanks Denniss
I tryed to do that (set PCI to the primary) but it not working properly. when i sutting down or restart, power on... i had a black screen :cry:
I can't disable the vga onboard (intel 82810E) :?
Help me again...
KachiWachi
The New Guy

cuongnd79

Thank you!
I try to do that now
InsomPsycho

The intel link is broken; I am having the same problem, and I found the option to boot from different video devices, but PCI-express is already selected. Why then, wouldn't it be booting from my video card? It shows a screen as though the monitor is not connected.
KachiWachi
The New Guy