System speed option in bios

Ask a question about your computer setup.
chrr40
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi!
Anyone know twhat this option is?? You can put it to Normal (default) fast , faster & very fast.

When I put it in any other setting than normal win xp does not start.. just complains about missing files or damaged files.. the question is if I gain any system performance with system speed fast?? It's an award bios.. don't know the version but a soltek sl-75drv2 mainboard.
soupy
Absentee administrator

Flash your BIOS at your own risk.
chrr40

Hi!
Jup.. the manual does not contain any info about the system speed setting.... page 66 I contains advances bios settings and dram conmtrols.. there is no options there but here should be....

//
C
soupy
Absentee administrator

At a guess I'd say it's CAS latency. Do you have cheap, generic RAM?

It seems to be a moot point, at any rate, since your pc won't run at the faster settings.
Flash your BIOS at your own risk.
chrr40

Hi Again! Nice to have someone to talk to about this.. the soltek support wants to help but isn't that very precise in its answers..

However.. I found the system speed settings in another mainbords manual. http://www.soltek.de/downloads/manuals/75drv5.pdf
On page 64 and 65 you can see exakt what the system speed option looks like.. And.. when I adjust the system speed option I do not alter anyother setting as I recall it.. so by changing the system speed setting I dont change the cas latency...

Any wiser?? I'm not! *lol*
soupy wrote:At a guess I'd say it's CAS latency. Do you have cheap, generic RAM?

It seems to be a moot point, at any rate, since your pc won't run at the faster settings.
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

chrr40 wrote:
However.. I found the system speed settings in another mainbords manual. http://www.soltek.de/downloads/manuals/75drv5.pdf
On page 64 and 65 you can see exakt what the system speed option looks like.. And.. when I adjust the system speed option I do not alter anyother setting as I recall it.. so by changing the system speed setting I dont change the cas latency...
Ah, you mean "system performance" in DRAM Clock/Drive control. I have no idea what this means.
Tested patched BIOSes. Untested patched BIOSes.
Emails *will* be ignored unless the subject line starts "Wim's BIOS forum"