WoL 3-pin connector

Ask a question about your computer setup.
cp
BIOS Guru

again: those things work on logic levels not on current. in theory there's no current involved at all! in real life there are leakage current and parasitic capacitance (and some things more), so there actually is some current involved. due to the fact that your body has a voltage level too, you can easily trigger pins on logic devices. think about ESD and what it can do..
tuaka
New visitors - please read the rules.

Is there a way that I can solve this problem? I am using an ARM 32-RISC embedded board. http://www.ctione.com/embedded.htm. This board will set the alarm to sometimes like 8p.m. to turn on the board and generate a 3.3V output signal to turn on the motherboard. The output pin of the board is connected to the WOL pin on the motherboard. The problem that I am having right now is connecting the pin from the board and the WOL pin automatically turn on the motherboard. I am unable to do anything. Doesn't matter what is the voltage of the pin on the ARM Board. Any suggestion? Thanks.
cp
BIOS Guru

don't connect the wol pin to the output pin of the ARM directly. use a transistor as a switch between the wol pin and +5VSB. and make sure to add a pull-down resistor to the wol pin (there should be one already...at least that's what i guess ;))).