ID: 12/07/2005-SiS-661-6A7I4WBAC-00

How-to identify your motherboard ?
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

That does look like the jackpot and if we can find any updates it means we have another bios ID skull on our ring 8)
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
Snoop_nei
New visitors - please read the rules.

edwin wrote:That does look like the jackpot and if we can find any updates it means we have another bios ID skull on our ring 8)
Not quite. I have contacted the customer rep of that company and they say my motherboard (although the layout is same) because it doesnt have the logo inscribe in it, therefore, it is not their company's motherboard.
It makes me wonder that even a motherboard can be counterfeit or that customer rep trying to fool me here?
admin
Site Admin

Maybe try to ask if they have a new BIOS available for their board? Which email did you use to contact them? Maybe I could try :)

If we have a BIOS .bin file we can extract the BIOS ID from it and compare it to the one posted by you. If they match, then it's pretty sure that the boards are identical.

Wim
Snoop_nei

admin wrote:Maybe try to ask if they have a new BIOS available for their board? Which email did you use to contact them? Maybe I could try :)

If we have a BIOS .bin file we can extract the BIOS ID from it and compare it to the one posted by you. If they match, then it's pretty sure that the boards are identical.

Wim
That's what I am asking if they can let me FTP or send me the BIOS file. But the guy just keep saying it is not their motherboard..and now, he/she doesn't even reply my email anymore!
Snoop_nei

Snoop_nei wrote:
admin wrote:Maybe try to ask if they have a new BIOS available for their board? Which email did you use to contact them? Maybe I could try :)

Wim
That's what I am asking if they can let me FTP or send me the BIOS file. But the guy just keep saying it is not their motherboard..and now, he/she doesn't even reply my email anymore!
OK..I finally go the BIOS .bin file! Would you please let me know your email address so that I can send it to you?
admin
Site Admin

OK..I finally go the BIOS .bin file! Would you please let me know your email address so that I can send it to you?
Cool, I've also tried to contact them but only received some JPGs back of their boards :roll: You can send the BIOS to wb@wimsbios.com

thx,
Wim
admin
Site Admin

Hi Snoop_nei,

Thanks for sending the BIOS bin file you've received from them. The bin file has this BIOS id: 12/07/2005-SiS-661-6A7I4WBAC-00 ... so it's the exact same BIOS as you already have. (not a later one).

So even if they say otherwise, you've correctly identified your motherboard to be theirs. You could try asking for a manual or why this board crashes with Windows XP SP2.

I'll be adding a Aotexin page shortly with the BIOS available for download.
(maybe it can help others who have an older BIOS)

cheers,
Wim
multiCORE

Hello there, I have a problem with this board and exactly the same BIOS ID... any latest info for the BIOS updates?

I need to try to flash the BIOS cause everytime I plug it to the main power or just switch on the UPS this M/B will automatically powered up (I don't even have to press the power button on the CPU).

Thx in advance
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

You should be able to set it to stay off after power failure and disable wake on lan and wake on ring in the bios.

I'm currently checking their website, it seems there's a bios available for download, have to check if it is for this board.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

edwin
The Hardware Archivist

admin wrote: I'll be adding a Aotexin page shortly with the BIOS available for download.
(maybe it can help others who have an older BIOS)

cheers,
Wim
Maybe the spelling has to be adjusted a bit:
http://www.aotexin.com/productcontent.a ... 3755881905
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything