all i see is ms-6116

How-to identify your motherboard ?
StressedPcNoob
New visitors - please read the rules.

guys, im ultra noob with this, i had an old mobo, and i needed a jumper for a new hdd, so ofcourse, thinking id neva use the old mobo i just took any random jumper off....well, little did i know...i now need that mobo, i tried lookin for a manual with jumper settings, but only "tag" on mobo reads ms-6116 ver:1.2 ...all i find is info on updating my bios... how do i tell what mobo it is?

any help woul dbe great,

and yes, i know...its sad... :(
StressedPcNoob

lol, new problem (and i know this isnt really the place 4 it, but i desperatly need this pc running..)

ok, so i found what i believe to be the manual, setup the jumpers correctly (i believe), now when i turn on the pc i get the old "pci.dat" is missing or corrupt, if i put the windows cd in and boot off it (try to repair)
after it loads past the "ASR" option, it freezes, if i try "ASR" then cancel it, it begins to load the cd until i get "File setupdd.sys could not be loaded.. ERROR CODE 4", now, if i put the same hdd in my workin pc it boots into windows with no probz, my question is-
is it still a mobo problem, or am i screwed?

once again, sorry 4 posting here, but im desperate
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

get a copy of memtest86 (it's free) and test your memory sticks. 100% this is a memory problem, either bad timings or plain broken.

Manual for the MSI MS-6116 board:
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/m ... 310&kind=1
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
StressedPcNoob

edwin, u hit it straight on the head, 2 pc133 sticks and a really old dodgy pc66 stick, as soon as i took it out, all sweet :)

thanks heaps!
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

you're welcome. it's good this one has been documented so well, it's not all that obvious, you'd think more along the lines of harddisk or cdplayer broken...
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...