Can't Identify MB -- need drivers!

How-to identify your motherboard ?
farna
New visitors - please read the rules.

I have a Slot 1 MB with VIA Apollo Pro chipset (has "BXT00" on the largest chip) that I can't get to work properly. I installed what was supposed to be a driver for the VT82C596 PCI to ISA controller and lost use of my secondary IDE channel (my CD-ROM). The BIOS string is nothing like what appears in the lists. It is an AMI BIOS. The string at the bottom of the boot string is:
AMI 3/8/1999-M767V-V2.25-ITE8671F
I really need the hardware drivers for this board! I looked for something on the VIA website but only found their "4-in1" drivers. I wonder if these will work correctly for this board, but since losing the CD-ROM I'm reluctant to just load drivers.
The board has AGP video and sound built onto it. There is a small board mounted to a slot cover with the USB connectors that has "ASUS" on it, but there is no ID on the motherboard. There is a version number in the corner (didn't think that was so important, didn't write it down).
If anyone can help please let me know!
zonxar
Master Flasher

You have a PcChips M767V motherboard. Go to the following link and choose the "....DO KNOW..." link, select the M767V board in the pop-down menu for M7xx motherboards.

http://www.stud.fernuni-hagen.de/q3998142/pcchips

There is a version 1.2 & 1.3 listed, so you do need to know the version number on your board. There are links for the Via 4in1 drivers, SIS graphics & CMI audio as well.

:D
farna
New visitors - please read the rules.

Thanks for the help! My daughter (it's her "new" computer) will appreciate it very much!