Identify Motherboard Please

How-to identify your motherboard ?
Logis1
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hey there ppl,

Could use a hand working out which generic motherboard I have got.

The system it is in is a Toshiba Equium 8000S, I can't find any identifying marks on the motherboard which would state where it may have come from.

BIOS String is i815-W83627HF-MR82513C-00
One of the chips also has FW82801BA on it which I'm assuming means it has ICH2.

The gist is that I no longer can install Windows XP onto this PC and I'm thinking it must be the BIOS crashing it out as I have replaced most of the other components. I have the latest Toshiba BIOS and it's doing nothing to help the problem. Which is that Windows XP/2K starts to install but then crashes or says files can't be copied or are corrupted, I have checked the CD's, hard drive, CD-ROM drive for errors and nothing helps it.

I'm assuming Toshiba has just pinched this board from someone and whacked a custom BIOS on it but can anyone find out who makes this board originally so I may use their BIOS to flash and hopefully make it work again.

It seems very similar to the MX3S board by AOpen but i'm weary of whacking on a BIOS by them without knowing if it's gonna turn it into a paperweight.

Any help is appreciated. 8)
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Those errors are usually caused by either faulty RAM or defective IDE cables. Please try a different cable for both your HDD and CD/DVD and test again. If you have more than one memory stick installed then try it with only one stick in case the second is faulty.

It's also possible your motherboard or your CPU are damaged, check your board for bad caps - www.badcaps.net

Edit:
www.supportbios.info has the string below listed as BCM RX815EL, your board may be an OEM-version of this board, modified for Toshiba use.

01/16/2001-i815-W83627HF-MR82513C