PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!! I have a motherboard and i need a manual

How-to identify your motherboard ?
confused_in_NY
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi guys this is my first post and i really hope someone can help me. I have a motherboard that dosent boot at all i am kinda ignorant about motherboards so bear with me what i can tell you is it has:
3-dimm slots
sis5595 chip
award bios
gold thingy in the center with ECS on it
PGA 370 on the processor housing
Intel celeron 900
When i attempt to boot up it has no beep, monitor dosent function, i have already tried to replace the processor, replace the power unit, replace ram sticks. Also important to know i am building a pc with this board which is also my first build from scratch I recieved the board second hand so i might have the power assembly cables mixed up. Any and all information on this board i can get will be very VERY appreciated!!! Thanks for your help in advance,
Confused_in_NY
confused_in_NY

I am installing a hard drive as well and its blank do i need to have the bios on it? Or is that stored on the motherboard? Like i said im kida ignorant about it.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

does this look like your board? If not, tell us what is different

edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
confused_in_NY

Thank you so much for your help first and foremost. Based on the view of your picture there are 3 slots for graphics card, ethernet card,and phone line card where the battery is. The battery is in what would be the bottom left and in that view sis would be spelled horizontally. The 3 slots are directly in front of the sis chip. The bios is in the top left. The A drive slot where the ribbon connects to the board is next to the 2 slots for hard drives/cd drives. the 24/20 not sure which pin connector is in front of where i described the A drive is. There is no long black slot in front of the pga370. Other than that same color scheme with the gold and green on the board. Thank you very much you are closer than i have gotten in 4 days of searching i am so glad i came to this site.
Confused_a_lil_less_in_NY
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

P6SEP-Me sounds like a winner here:

Can you see a 2.2 or 3.0 marking anywhere?
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

confused_in_NY

P6SEP-ME REV 1.1A!!!!!!!!!! I found it between the two card slots the only thing different is that the ports for A and cdrom/hard drives are black. AWESOME!!!! Do you know where i can get a manual for it and can you answer my bios question from earlier THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!
Starting_to_understand_in_NY
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

The packed manual is here:
http://download.ecsusa.com/dlfileecs/ma ... e10eng.zip

You need to unpack it first, I'm not sure what document format it is. If .pdf you'll need something like Adobe Reader or Foxit Reader.

The bios is on the motherboard, you need an operating system on the harddisk, like linux or windows. If you need more info, feel free to ask, we can send you to pages with loads of info and walkthroughs on how to make things happen.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

confused_in_NY

Thanks you so much for the info I finally have a manual to figure out what im doing :)!!!! Now i have another question for you i have an intel celeron 900 processor and the thermal paste is dried right out i also have a heat sink with a cooling fan that goes on top of it should i scrape the thermal paste thats on it off before reapplying some new paste and will the paste fuse the heatsink to it cause if no i have no idea how i am going to secure it in place also do i even have to use the heatsink and cooling fan? There are places on my case for cooling fans as well and i could always use those to cool it off if thats an option. Thanks for your help in this matter.
Starting_to_get_it_in_NY
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

The heatsink/fan should have come with a metal clasp that fits on the little stubs of the socket370 plastic. Something similar to this:
http://www.motherboards.org/articles/guides/924_4.html

Yeah gently scrape away the old paste before reapplying any new. Here's an article on replacing a heatsink/fan, it should give you some ideas:
http://www.smartcomputing.com/editorial ... F24s09.asp
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

cp
BIOS Guru

did you already run the cpu in this board? my guess: the board doesn't support fcpga cpus (all from celeron 533 upwards). just fyi if the board wouldn't start up.
If you email me include [WIMSBIOS] in the subject.
confused_in_NY

I actually was about to ask the same thing I have 2 processors to choose from and im not sure which one to use i have a celeron 900 as i said earlier and I also now have a SL5VR

http://www.cpu-world.com/sspec/SL/SL5VR.html

Can i use it with this motherboard this is from the manual:

Intel’s new generation of Celeron processors are shipped in the familiar PPGA square plastic package that are common to all Pentium and Pentium-compatible processors. The mainboard has a PGA370 ZIF socket for the installation of the Celeron. (Note that the socket has a different pinout than Pentium/Pentium compatibles and cannot be used by Socket-7 processors.) The Celeron processor features Pentium-II performance
with internal clock speeds of 300, 333, 366, 400, 433, 466 and 500 MHz, 32K of level- 1 cache memory, and 128K of level-2 cache memory. This mainboard allows entry level and business-class users to move up to Pentium-II performance at minimum cost. Configuration for different processor speeds is automatically set by firmware and
motherboard switch or jumper settings are not required.
cp
BIOS Guru

neither fcpga (coppermine, celeron 900) nor fcpga2 (tualatin, celeron 1300) are supported by the board. the tualatin won't run for sure on this board. the coppermine probably won't but could with some minor modding on the cpu socket.
confused_in_NY

Could you recommend a good processor to use with this board so i might go out and pick one up?
cp
BIOS Guru

the fastest you can get is a Celeron 533 (NOT the 533A version!!!). but if you're not able to mod the board for fcpga support, you should rather get rid of it and get a board that supports fcpga/fcpga2 out of the box.
confused_in_NY

I am not able to find this processor (intel celeron 533) for sale anywhere any ideas? I already checked ebay.