really desperate

How-to identify your motherboard ?
woody64
New visitors - please read the rules.

I have a p3 500 that was giving me problems loading so I decided to go into my cmos and load defaults.When I rebooted it said my cpu settings had changed and I was to change them back.I thought I had to change my cpu mhz,so I changed it from 100 to 133 and now all I got is a black screen and I don't know how or what to do to get it back working.Can some one help me please?I don't know what board it is ,all I see on it is AWARD pci/pnp 686
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

If the motherboard is not working, then please list all facts about the board and any numbers/letters found on the board. Example: "It has 4 PCI slots and 2 ISA slots. It has 4 EDO memory slots and it's a socket 7 board with SiS 530 written on one of the chips." Any markings in white ink or on labels will help also.

If at all possible email a photo of the board to one of the moderators or publish it on a webpage somewhere and link to it.

This will help us to help you ID the board as fast as possible.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
cp
BIOS Guru

you need to set the FSB back to 100MHz as the P3 500 needs to be run with a 100MHz FSB and NOT a 133MHz one. Disconnect the board from the power supply, find a jumper on the board labled: CLEAR CMOS. set the jumper, reset it and boot up the machine.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Here is a few pics of that motherboard that I told you about.I don't know if you can see it or not but it has the numbers 35-8839-01 and AWARD pci/pnp 686 1566461126.
I took the battery out but can't find a jumper to reset the cmos like CP said in his post below yours.Let me know what you think,thanks.
PcPartner BXA839D board. Downloads (manual and bios) are here:
http://www.pcpartner.com/pcpartner/supp ... s/i440.htm

Just below the battery there's a JP4 put the jumper on the other 2 pins (2-3). Wait 10 second, put it back. Put the battery back in. Power on and you should be back in bussiness. If not, one of the memory sticks or the video card may have failed due to the overclock.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...