Unknown motherboard: UT-586VX, 06/20/97-i430VX-2A59GU79C-00

How-to identify your motherboard ?
drugwash
BIOS Rookie

Oh, I easily forget things...Uhm..Could you send it to me by mail, just to compare it with the old one? I'm curious if there's much/any difference. Go for drugwash@yahoo.com .
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

Sent...
drugwash
BIOS Rookie

Yes, I took a look at it and it's a lot different than my original one, so I can't trust it for now. I didn't run it in Modbin (as I said before, I'm so freaked out), I just compared the two files at pure binary level. I'll give it a go with my old one and let's hope at least the the BootBlock will remain useable. But first I'll try the (-) key option, maybe it will come into senses..:P Wish me luck!
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

If it works with the "-" key option, flash it to the beta immediately. If you want, I can send you a "clean" 128KB copy of your original BIOS you sent me.
drugwash
BIOS Rookie

Hombre, soy el mejor! :lol: I did it!!! I f*ckin' did it!!! It worked with the (-) key, but I forced the chip into a checksum error by shorting pins 2 & 3 of the BIOS chip (Winbond W29EE011-15), that is A16 & A15 and then flashed it with my old image. Well, not exactly the same, because I decided to go for it all and I modified it in Modbin. I just enabled the USB controller, which for some reason was disabled internally, I changed one of the boot devices to CDROM, C, A (I didn't check to see if it really works), changed the BIOS date to 11/12/04 and put my name in BIOS string. :P Now my old motherboard has USB and might even boot from CDROM!!! As for the 32GB HDD limit, that I really don't know what to say. For now I just checked with a 60GB HDD and it wouldn't recognize it at all. :( But given that I almost lost my good ol' mobo, I'm so happy that it works again, I don't even care about the HDD limit. Maybe next year I'll try another patch, if someone is willing to make a good one! :)
So, gracias por el ayudo (thanks for the help) and I'll se you around, 'coz I still got hardware to stick my nose into! :D Until then, hasta la vista, my friends!

P.S. As soon as my Internet connection gets better, I'll upload those bins to my host, so that anyone can take them, if they're in need. :wink:
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

If you want, we can patch it with our Wimsbios utility which is a lot safer. It's very safe if patched for support upto 64GB.
So, gracias por el ayudo (thanks for the help)
De nada... ha sido todo un placer hasta ahora
drugwash
BIOS Rookie

Uploaded the zip containing both the original and the modified bins to my host.
...we can patch it with our Wimsbios utility which is a lot safer...
Oh, no...Not again! :) I just took Everest off my chest... Let me have it for at least a week or two... :D You know what? I'll try that with some other BIOS, and if it succeeds, then I'll try again with this one. Just gimme some time to get another board to work and I'll send you the file(s). Right now I just need some rest, 'coz it's been 18 hours since I've been working on this hardware. Some hints:
-Biostar MB-8500TVX-A v2.2, BIOS ver. 0619a needs update and patch
-Elpina M520 v1.5 (one of the many versions), needs update and patch
-DTK PAM56IPS E-0, "cannot handle A20 gate" error after swapping BIOS chips with (guess what) my 2A59GU79 one!!! They're both Winbond W29EE011-15, but I didn't know that at the time I swapped them!!! Damn luck that I had!!!
-Elpina M558 rev 1.3 only saw it boot once, had a strange looking BIOS (looked like Windows)
-A-Trend ATC 2000 doesn't boot, doesn't beep. I still need some docs about it.
All that said, be sure we'll meet again soon. Cheers, amigo!
admin
Site Admin

edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Just found basically all there is to find from that manufacturer, expect some updates on that page soon... :mrgreen:
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...