What model is this Chaintech motherboard?

How-to identify your motherboard ?
mikygee
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi,

Are you guys able to put a > 200gb hard drive with this mother board ?
What is the date of your latest Bios ?

Thanx
cp
BIOS Guru

yes, you are. you have to use a modern os like linux or windows 2k at least sp4 or windows xp at least sp2 to have full access to the drive. if the bios hangs on detection just limit the capacity to 32gb with the appropriate jumper (consult the hdd's user manual). the os' stated will be able to use the full capacity anyway.
mikygee

Thanx your advice was usefull.

I would like to know if I wanted to upgrade this bios, should I stick with the chaintech bios or could I use the Award 6.00 PG
dmidecode indicated me that's the bios I'm using

$dmidecode
BIOS Information
Vendor: Award Software International, Inc.
Version: 6.00 PG
Release Date: 10/27/2000
cp
BIOS Guru

a version string like 6.00 or 4.51 just indicates the core of the bios used. as you might know all bios (well..those after 486-days ;)) are modular bioses. this means that they use a common core but apart from that they might be completely different.
there are tons of mainboards out there that use an Award BIOS 6.00 but only one that fits your mainboard (and all other mainboards of the same type).
besides: Award doesn't sell/offer mainboard bioses for users they merely offer a bios with a modular concept for manufacturers who build and sell mainboards.
mikygee

Thanx for the explanation