mobo manual

Request help finding jumper settings or a motherboard manual.
nana kumi
BIOS Newbie

Please help id mobo of a friend. Award Bios id string appeared at left bottom of the screen: 6/19/1998-I430TX-W977TF-2A59ISMBC-00. Pentium-mmx cpu-233.This message also appears during starup:CMOS CHECKSUM ERROR-DEFAULTS LOADED,PRESS F1 TO CONTINUE ,PRESS DEL TO ENTER SETUP.What does it mean?Thanks .

;
soupy
Absentee administrator

SanLi/SuperPower SP-586TX 01/20/1999-i430TX-W977TF-2A59ISMBC-00

Dead battery, perhaps.
Flash your BIOS at your own risk.
nana kumi
BIOS Newbie

Searched all over but can't find the manual,all links to the possible sites seem dead?Need mobo battery,memory type and audio connection from cd-rom to the mobo? Any options left for me?Thanks.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Has this board onboard audio, I don't think so. Check manual of your sound card. Battery is regular CR2032 type coin cell.

http://www.elhvb.com/mboards/superpower/Index.html
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
nana kumi
BIOS Newbie

Thanks a whole lot,you guys are great,I tried to post Yesterday but got invalid session,I get that a lot.Computer Date & Time have been restored correctly from 1998 to the present Date & Time after cr2032 battery was replaced.However,everytime I enabled the HDD S.M.A.R.T,I get :cmos checksum error-defaults loaded-press F1 to continue-press DEL to enter setup. In setup,S.M.A.R.T along with ANTIVIRUS are disabled everytime.Pressing F1 starts windows.Is there a fix?I appreciate your help,thanks again.Nana kumi.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Disable SMART as your HD doesn't seem to support it. And make sure your CMOS clear jumper is in the normal position, not in the clear position.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

nana kumi
BIOS Newbie

Thanks for your reply very much,please I'll probably need a handholding here,exactly where on the mb should I be looking for this jumper? Or should I be looking in the cmos for this?I do indeed appreciate your help,thanks again. :) Nana. :?:
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

I think it's JP6 near the CMOS chip. Check the board surface to see if there is any explanation for the function of this jumper.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

nana kumi
BIOS Newbie

Thanks for your reply,for some reasons I;m unable to post,get invalid sessions,even e-mailed the webmaster.Anyway,there's no explaination for the function of this jumper jp7,a single pin exposed out of the 3 pins (other 2 pins have jumper sleeve on them),looks like a single digit(1) is directly beneath it.Jp6 right across jp7 has no pins, just jp6,no explainations,all arround the Award chip.What steps are necessary in order to upgrade the HDD in this pc?Thanks.Nana :o :?: