i'm very new to this, so please don't blaze me...

Request help finding jumper settings or a motherboard manual.
jbone2k2
New visitors - please read the rules.

I'm very new, but i bought a very old pc, now the win98 wont start. I was told that my bios settings are not set right, and on the start up screen, it tells me that i have a fixed disc 1 error. when i got to the BIOS Utitlity and system configuration, it tells me to push F8 for auto detect, but then it tells me the fixed disc has errors and that it can't auto detect. I don't know what it's supposed to be set to, the things that say, cylinder and head and sector track and landing zone and write precomp. They cannot be set individually, but i don't know where to find the correct settings anyway. I don't know if i have the motherboard number cause i can't use those files to check it cause i can't get online with the pc, i'm on a sorry Dreamcast now, but this is what i think i'm looking for. The setting for PCI/ISA Pentium BIOS V1.2R1.6. I'm sorry this is so long, and i hope this is the right forum for my question.
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

Looks like an Acer computer.
Check that the HDD is connected and jumpered properly. If yes, it might be faulty.
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere
jbone2k2
New visitors - please read the rules.

it says acer at start up, but the settings in the BIOS Utitlity settings aren't right. I need the settings for the System Configuration, really just the basic systems configuration. anybody know those, or can tell me where to find the manual?