Search found 6 matches

by zanor
Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:09 pm
Forum: Notebook BIOS and other problems
Topic: Lights come on but nothing more..
Replies: 1
Views: 2443

Lights come on but nothing more..

Here's my story :P Bought a used HP Pavilion ZE5525ea with a bad flashed BIOS. Tried using the bootblock mode with partially success. On first try the floppy was read but nothing happend. Got a new floppy that my floppy drive did not like just came with those horrible noises only a floppy drive can ...
by zanor
Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:49 pm
Topic: unknown charger problem, Dell Inspiron 1150
Replies: 1
Views: 3027

unknown charger problem, Dell Inspiron 1150

I just bought a car charger for my Dell laptop(Not original dell), but when I plugg it in and go into the bios it just displays unknown charger and does not charge the battery.

Is there a way around this?
by zanor
Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:05 pm
Topic: Have I fu**ed up this laptop or is it normal?
Replies: 3
Views: 2985

That is normal, you need to put in a new flashed bios chip or it's not going to work in the first place and you need to pray you didn't heat damage anything when desoldering the old chip. Sounds nice. I know the computer don't work without a bios but I was supprised that it did not charge the batte...
by zanor
Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:10 pm

Is there no one that have tried using there laptop without the BIOS chip? hmm... :roll:
by zanor
Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:03 am

Have I fu**ed up this laptop or is it normal?

Hi! I bought a HP Pavilion ZE5525EA with a bad BIOS flash. It was charging and light came on when pushing the power button. I tok it apart and de-soldered the bios chip (actually cutted the legs and then de-soldered the remining legs). I have ordered a new chip. But now, without any BIOS chip there ...