Which is the BIOS image?

Discusses BIOS flashers and utilities from Award, AMI and Uniflash
patrice04
New visitors - please read the rules.

I have downloaded the HP Vetra VL 5/xxx series 4, system diskette flashable BIOS and extracted some files from it. The files are :
Disk.txt, Whatsnew.txt, Flash.txt, Flash.bat, Uphlash.bat, Clean-up.exe, Id_uno.exe, Gt0723.23, Gt0724.22, Platform.128, Platform.bin, Platform.mfg, Zero128k.bin.
This is a Phoenix Bios flashing utility. I'm trying to figure out which of the files is the actual BIOS image file/BIOS code that is going to be flashed/stored in the Bios chip at the end of the flashing process.
How do I identify such file given the above files?
Thanks!
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

In your email to the moderators you mention that this is part of an academic exercise. We should not be doing the work for you. I suggest that you look at the batch files with a text editor and work out what is going on. The text files should be self explanatory. You can look at the other files with a hex editor or with debug. Here is an enormous hint: a BIOS image is generally 128, 256 or 512 Kbytes.

Please don't email us large files unless requested to. The URL (ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/ccd/soar2sdd/vc203 ... b4z1us.exe) would have been fine.

Hope that helps
Tested patched BIOSes. Untested patched BIOSes.
Emails *will* be ignored unless the subject line starts "Wim's BIOS forum"
patrice04

Thanks for your info, I will try to look at the other files using hex editor.
patrice04

Hi, I've found the bios image file. It is of 128K, but my bios chip is 256K. Does it mean that the bios chip is only half filled? or is there any other files that would be written to the other half of the chip?
Thanks!