Search found 7 matches

by breath
Tue Aug 06, 2002 1:00 pm
Forum: Other BIOS update issues.
Topic: Unable to enter BIOS setup, constant search from floppy.
Replies: 3
Views: 3081

Unable to enter BIOS setup, constant search from floppy.

I've done something really stupid, after recovering my computer once using the fantastic advice from Rainbow I've now somehow killed it again! I flashed my bios using a modified file (motherboard is a gigabyte 7zmmp (only manufactured for Time Computers!)), I'd already previously flashed it with thi...
by breath
Wed Jul 31, 2002 2:50 pm
Topic: Time computers Gigabyte motherboard (GA-7ZMMP) - Need BIOS.
Replies: 15
Views: 12544

Should be "20h PCI AddOn ROM", compressed=yes. The vendor and device IDs might be a problem if they're non-standard. Rainbow, you're a star. My computer now boots okay after taking your advice but now I have a conflict with devices and my sound card cannot initialise in windows (code 12 -This devic...
by breath
Fri Jul 26, 2002 12:41 pm

If you can't find anything, it might work with GA-7ZM BIOS but with add-on graphics card only. I think that the VGA BIOS needed for the onboard card to work can be inserted into the BIOS using AMIBCP. Rainbow, any advice as to how I can do this? I have the TNT2 bios ROM file and the GA-7ZM bios but...
by breath
Thu Jul 25, 2002 10:55 am

Haven't tried it yet Rainbow, I'm trying to get hold of a spare card at the moment, do you think this might result in my machine booting properly, and would any type of graphics card sort this out?

Cheers.
by breath
Wed Jul 24, 2002 10:43 am

Rainbow, I'll try what you've suggested (Strange that every reference I've found also points to the GA7zmmp having an award bios huh?), thanks for the advice, I'll let you know if it works. ajzchips, I thought the PDF file was corrupted but I've now downloaded the Chinese language support for Adobe ...
by breath
Tue Jul 23, 2002 4:36 pm

Time computers Gigabyte motherboard (GA-7ZMMP) - Need BIOS.

After trying to flash my bios the other day I now realise (after frantically searching the four corners of the web) that the motherboard GA-7ZMMP is only manufactured for TIME COMPUTERS and thus the correct BIOS isn't held on the GIGABYTE website (nor the TIME website!). I really need to get a hold ...