Unable to enter BIOS setup, constant search from floppy.

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
breath
I didn't read the rules

I've done something really stupid, after recovering my computer once using the fantastic advice from Rainbow I've now somehow killed it again!
I flashed my bios using a modified file (motherboard is a gigabyte 7zmmp (only manufactured for Time Computers!)), I'd already previously flashed it with this file (7zm bios with additional TNT2 vga module inserted using AMIBCP to sort out the onboard graphics) following Rainbows advice and at least I was able to use my computer but with a few things functioning incorrectly. To cut a long story short, my computer will not boot anymore - It attempts to boot from the floppy drive, beeping once until I put a disk in and then if it contains an AMIBOOT.ROM file gives me the four beep confirmation that it's flashed. It then simply resets and keeps doing the same until (really dangerous but the only way!) I turn off the power at the wall!!! I think I've killed it somehow but really don't want to keep trying this as I'm afraid of blowing something with a possible power surge! Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Gareth.
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

I don't think turning it off at the wall should be too dangerous...
Can you revert to the earlier BIOS before you installed the TNT2 module ? You may not be able to see anything as you won't be driving the on-board video, but at least it may give you a clue. Sounds weird...

BTW, don't post the same problem in more than one forum, I've deleted the other post from "My motherboard is dead". You're likely to get a tag of "I didn't read the rules" from Soupy if you do this.

(too late - soupy)
Tested patched BIOSes. Untested patched BIOSes.
Emails *will* be ignored unless the subject line starts "Wim's BIOS forum"
breath
I didn't read the rules

Thanks for the reply Nick, I'm glad to hear that you don't think it'd be dangerous to turn the computer off at the wall.
I'm not sure why but it appears to only boot from the floppy without me even having to hold CTRL + HOME, when I enter a disk with an AMIBOOT.ROM file it appears to flash okay (confirming with four beeps) from the boot block but then simply resets itself (power LED goes off) and does the same over and over and over.... I've tried clearing my CMOS and also tried using a separate vga card... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Gareth.
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

- Hot swap flash in another motherboard ?
- Did you try again with the un-patched BIOS on the floppy ?
Tested patched BIOSes. Untested patched BIOSes.
Emails *will* be ignored unless the subject line starts "Wim's BIOS forum"