Search found 8 matches

by bucketbake
Tue Sep 24, 2002 11:54 pm
Forum: My motherboard is dead
Topic: ECS K7vza 3.2d
Replies: 14
Views: 7120

I know the rev version is pcb 3, the site says bios version after 3.3 will support Athlon Xp, but ive also read on the usa site that this is a hardware solution for mobo built after week 40 not necessarily the BIOS, just thought something in the string might alude to the manufacture date... and as f...
by bucketbake
Tue Sep 24, 2002 11:46 am

:? well everthing running smooth as, just gotta do the 3.6 version. One thing thoiugh how can i found out the date of manufacture of the board, i doubt the date of the BIOS is accurate. The ECS board will support the Athlon XP after week 40, but how am i suppposed to know when th board i have was ma...
by bucketbake
Thu Sep 19, 2002 11:38 pm

:D :D :D :D well i did it, had to go to the american site for ECS for the solution 'dont reset the jumper' which gaurds the BIOS if u want to flash it, it must come set allowing u to. followed the tips in ur FAQ and the advice regardin the .bin extension. only had to reboot once after it asked for t...
by bucketbake
Mon Sep 16, 2002 11:49 pm

well im back and yes i did get a little further... i didnt do the full command line as u suggested ( too chicken) but i did manage to input the correct AWARD and .bin however... it has come up 'unknown flash type' when asked to program at this point im really tempted to do the full command line as s...
by bucketbake
Fri Sep 13, 2002 9:56 pm

ok fair enough, if i understand this correctly .. a typical line that i should enter would be awd820a k7vza32e.bin, or would it be awd820a.exe k7va32e.bin I know the latest version is 3.6 but i think itd make more sense to go thru each version in turn, although where did u find the Beta/Servicebios?...
by bucketbake
Thu Sep 12, 2002 8:46 pm

Well that was useless... unzipped the bios i wanted, k7vza32e, extracted to floppy and carried on..... same result :x ... exact wording of the error is 'source file not found' Obviously at this point im now officially looking for HELP!!! anyone came across this or am i missin somethin in the updatin...
by bucketbake
Thu Sep 12, 2002 7:13 pm

ECS K7vza 3.2d

goin thru the process, checked ur guide at gigbite too just to be sure. jumper set to allow flashin, doesnt seem to be any protection there after in any of the advanced chip settings. Insert floppy with latest Award version, the copyed system files and updated bios k7vza32.e ... backup old bios, But...