Don't ask how to over-clock.
#22410 by tiltedscope
Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:17 pm
Recommended by Wim's BIOS... BIOS Agent scan: Upgrade your BIOS! DriverMax is the number one driver updater for Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista or XP
#22410 by tiltedscope
Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:17 pm
Hello, this is my first post.

I bought an older MSI m-board from ebay. It is the K7T/266 Pro-2 Ver.3
This board is not supported by MSI, but I found a third-party vendor that did, somewhat. ... /k266.html

I inquired with them about cpu support. They state that XP 2100+ and higher was supported. I asked if this meant 2200, 2300? They said that they only verified 2100+. I also asked if thoroughbred's were supported, they did not reply. I am a little confused with this board because it is almost exactly the same as a Ver.2, except for the bios (Award, not AMI), and the MSI on-board LED troubleshooter.

Also, I downloaded an Award bios that supported my board, but the site was in German, and I lost the bookmark.

So here are 3 questions.

What tool can I use to read my bios, or a copy of my bios, and see if it supports the newer Thoroughbreds?

What do I look for?

If I find my bios supports newer Thoroughbreds, will it support the Thorton? or Barton 266 bus?

Thank you for any information. I am eager to upgrade and would like to get the best possible Athlon for my board. They are so cheap right now.