added logo not displayed - why?

Only for programmers and BIOS gurus with technical questions.
Ger@ld
BIOS Rookie

Hi,

on a Asus P2BS I added a 16 color 480x640 BMP with cbrom606 /logo switch and it works very well
On a MS6151 - OEM Board from MSI with also Award 4.51PG BIOS I can add a file, but it will not show - why
I tried it also by cbrom, used cblogo /a -also /f with 256 color BMP. cblogo /d displayed my added logo and cbrom /d also that the addition was succsessfull. I did look for a hidden switch with modbin, but I find nothing
Do have someone a hint for me to enable my bootlogo

Thanks, Ger@ld
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

Did the MSI BIOS display a logo before you tried to add one ? Was that logo 256 colour ? If the BIOS does not have the code to display the logo it will not do so.
Tested patched BIOSes. Untested patched BIOSes.
Emails *will* be ignored unless the subject line starts "Wim's BIOS forum"
Ger@ld
BIOS Rookie

No, beore is was not a logo embedded. I tried a 16 color logo also like 256 color with the different tools.
Somwhere I read that with the different code to display a logo. But unfortunaly I can't remember where :cry:
One guy found, that a modification from 2 ot 3 bytes can switch the logo off. But how to locate this :?:
I'm be ready for the worst case, I have a prgrammer for this chips :lol:

Thank You
Amiboot
BIOS Rookie

Do you've forced the BIOS to set the initial display mode to silent? (enable an option like 'Silent Boot', 'Quiet Boot', 'Full Screen Logo Show').
Ger@ld
BIOS Rookie

Hi,

such an option didn't exist. Not to enable in BIOS and not hidden. I show this by modbin :cry:

Thanks
Amiboot
BIOS Rookie

Hi,

Maybe it's an idea to insert just a nice graphic logo in your POST screen.
If your BIOS displays the first POST screen in 640x480 VGA graphic mode then you're in many cases (so not ALL) able to insert a logo upto 640x480 pixels, 16 colors (a customized pallette allowed).
Btw: note that sometimes also just 136/148/160x480 pixels will be displayed or the background color from the POST screen changes.