HP m7160n help?

Only for programmers and BIOS gurus with technical questions.
dojomann
New visitors - please read the rules.

I have an HP m7160n computer, and I need help with editing the BIOS. I have managed to get the 512kb bin file extracted from the computer, and I don't know where to go from there.

The computer has an OEM ASUS P5LP-LE "Limestone" motherboard. Here's a link to the BIOS .bin file.

http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=107640
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

What exactly are you trying to edit?
dojomann

I'm trying to possibly add some functinality as far as overclocking my cpu in the bios settings.
dcmaniac

Is it an Award, AMI or Phoenix BIOS? If it's the first one, you are lucky, because there are bunches of powerful tools such as BP, modbin, etc.. You can check Collected Wisdom section of this forum. :idea:

But if it's a Phoenix one, probably the only way is to try Phoenix BIOS Editor, with which I'm now having a problem (as I posted in Notebook BIOS problem section). :(
dojomann

Yeah, it's a phoenix bios, and ive extracted all the files, and none of them want to open with phoneix bios editor. oddly enough. Just in case, whats the newest version of phoneix bios editor and where can I get it? I have release 2.0.18.E (Trial Version)
Borg Number One
Master Flasher

Hi.

The Phoenix BIOS Editor version 2.0.18 is really old.
Well, the version 2.1 is the latest version from 2005/2006.

But unhiding menus (and much more modifications ;)) is just possible with the Phoenix Corebuilder.
BIOS backup - Multi BIOS - prevent a BIOS update failure:
RD1 BIOS Savior

http://www.ioss.com.tw
dojomann

where can i get that program?