Only for programmers and BIOS gurus with technical questions.
#30974 by zbarnes
Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:36 am
Recommended by Wim's BIOS... BIOS Agent scan: Upgrade your BIOS! DriverMax is the number one driver updater for Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista or XP
Last edited by zbarnes on Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
#30974 by zbarnes
Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:36 am
I have access to a the Phoenix Bios Editor Demo, and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction on how to tweak any thing to increase speed.

This isn't a very important project, but I am just trying to learn Bios tweaking on an old HP system. It has a Trigem Cognac board with Phoenix 4 core, release 6.

I have managed two successful but trivial hacks: changing the boot logo, and changing the oem string from HP to my name.

Does anyone have a good resource for which values to change?

If anyone has the patience, I could post screen shots, or any info that you need. Or if someone really loves me (or just working for free), I could send the bios file.

I am familiar with general bios tweaking, but I have not modified the actual bios before, so I am needing a few pointers.

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Some of the main things that I would like to know if they are possible with this bios is: can I tweak memory clocks or timings, fsb, voltages, or any temp displays (doubt it). This board also will only take a 256mb stick if it is double sided, so I was wondering if I could change it to make it more compatible.

I doubt that any of this is possible, but I can always hope...
Last edited by zbarnes on Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.