Setting IRQ's?

Only for programmers and BIOS gurus with technical questions.
Art Hays
New visitors - please read the rules.

I need to set the IRQ for an a/d converter to either 9 or 10, and try to
get it unshared. My problem is that the setup screen that helps do this is now being left out of new Dells, Gateways, etc. I'd like to know if there is any way to accomplish this.

Specifics: I'm using QNX RTP, no APIC support. I used to do this- find a slot that has an ushared INTA#, or one shared with something I dont use (e.g. USB). Then set the IRQ to 9 or 10, and change the IRQ of anything else on the same IRQ that is assignable. The older Dells were great in that they had a screen that let you change the slot IRQ as well as the motherboard devices' IRQ. I would love to have a program that told me the interrupt routing of the slots and motherboard devices, let me change IRQ's, and write this back to the flash to persist.
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

You have to move the card around the slots to find one with non-shared IRQ. The shared IRQs (e.g. with onboard sound) are hardwired on the board.
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere
Art Hays

I can move the card to find a slot that has an INTA# that isnt hardwired
shared (except on many Dell motherboards, where for some reason *all* the slot's INTA#'s are hardwired shared with motherboard devices). However, if I dont have a 'PCI Config' screen in the BIOS setup screens I cant select which IRQ the slot's INTA# gets assigned, or change the assignments of other slots or motherboard devices. I need a program that will do this.
soupy
Absentee administrator

Dell probably based this change on the assumption that most users would be running XP and ACPI. You might need to build a clone.
Flash your BIOS at your own risk.
Art Hays

Is there some way I can use XP to set the IRQ's that will persist when I reboot to QNX RTP?