Search found 8 matches

by electrofux
Wed May 07, 2003 10:50 am
Forum: My CPU isn't recognized
Topic: Gigabyte 6ba and bios patcher
Replies: 16
Views: 12362

Hi,

yes i have unpacked them and as they came out as cbrom130.exe and lhaXXX.exe i have renamed them to cbrom.exe and lha.exe. That shouldn't be a problem.
I wil try the config.sys as rainbow recommended.
by electrofux
Tue May 06, 2003 5:26 pm

I had no luck. I have checked the memory when at the DOS prompt with my boot disk (592k free) and i tried the safe mode option. I always get "error 0004 too many open files". Maybe something is wrong with the cbrom.exe i have, because i have downloaded it from a different place (the link on rom.by d...
by electrofux
Mon May 05, 2003 4:46 pm

Hi,

i am using a 98-boot disk to get into DOS. I'll try the safe mode option and check the available RAM. The error "too many open files" most probably means that there is not enough RAM left. :idea:
by electrofux
Sun May 04, 2003 6:54 pm

Hi, i now have those three files plus my bios file in a directory. I then type "bp-4rc_F 6ba.f1 /s" from that directory in DOS and still get "error 0004: too many open files". Something is going wrong. How can i check if there are more than 512k Ram free under Dos. Maybe my boot disk loads too much ...
by electrofux
Sat May 03, 2003 11:37 pm

Hi, the CPU is a 1.4 Ghz Celeron (Tualatin). The correct name of the complete powerleap upgrade package is "PL-iP3/T 1.4GHz (Tualatin) CPU Upgrade (for 100MHz FSB)". My Mainboard is a Gigabyte GA 6ba. I have read about at least one guy with this cpu-upgrade who has successfully patched his bios with...
by electrofux
Sat May 03, 2003 10:57 am

Hi, i now have bp-4rc_F.exe, cbrom.exe, modbin.exe and lha.exe together with my BIOS file in the same folder. But the same happens when i type "bp-4rc_F 6ba.f1 /s" ie i get the error "error 0012:no more matching files". Damn, i know this patcher is the thing i need but i can't get it working and my ...
by electrofux
Fri May 02, 2003 3:14 pm

Gigabyte 6ba and bios patcher

Hi, recently i have bought a powerleap CPU upgrade for my Gigabyte Ga 6ba mainboard. But i need to patch my BIOS. I heard from other users with the same mainboard that apple_rom's bios patcher is perfect for my situation. I have downloaded the bp-4rc_F.exe file and have my bios file ("6BA.F1") at ha...