Search found 6 matches

by Eoin
Wed Oct 09, 2002 10:11 am
Forum: Other BIOS update issues.
Topic: Intel Triton 430HX rev 3 - usb and bios upgrade issues!
Replies: 10
Views: 5681

thanks Rainbow, that seems to be the correct link. I downloaded the 3 BIOS updates there and extracted the files within. For each update, I tried to flash the bios, but I get the error "can not flash when memory managers are present". The boot disk I'm using has no autoexec.bat or config.sys, as ins...
by Eoin
Mon Oct 07, 2002 9:40 pm

A second (more careful!) look at the motherboard shows it says both micronics and m7shi - 01, so your guess was correct, Nick. There doesnt seem to be much about it on the web, and I can find no BIOS update, not even here - http://www.diamondmm.com/support/diamond/default.asp?menu=support&submenu=Le...
by Eoin
Mon Oct 07, 2002 3:18 pm

I'm not sure about the history of the machine, as I got it second hand. Also it is not a brand name machine, i.e. gateway, compaq, etc, but was self assembled by its original owner. I'll look at the motherboard tonight and see if Micronics is mentioned anywhere. As you can probably tell I'm really a...
by Eoin
Mon Oct 07, 2002 12:59 pm

thanks for the reply Nick. Yes, when I restart the pc and press F2 the bios setup menu appears. It allows me to change settings for security, boot method, etc, as well as for cdrom + floppy but there is no option for enabling usb :( . It does have an option for enabling plug and play, which I have e...
by Eoin
Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:12 pm

Intel Triton 430HX rev 3 - usb and bios upgrade issues!

Hi there, I'm having some major bios / USB difficulties that maybe someone could help me with. I've searched for hours on the web to find information, but alas there was nothing specific to my problem. I've got a PC that's about 5 years old. It has 2 USB ports that look connected to my motherboard w...