Search found 8 matches

by Exception
Fri Jun 21, 2002 9:27 pm
Forum: Power Management problems
Topic: After all your help: no APM :(
Replies: 5
Views: 6822

maybe

I found what you're referring to... 'Nt APM/Legacy Interface Node'. Unfortuntely, I didnt find it on my laptop. This would be the reason why the tab isn't there?
Can I manually add that device?
by Exception
Fri Jun 21, 2002 9:06 pm

I dont think so

I dont think thats it. Can't find that in the device manager anywhere. Could be something similar though, but I cant find anything in the device manager.
by Exception
Thu Jun 20, 2002 7:22 pm

After all your help: no APM :(

Hi guys, Its been some time, and I can tell you guys I really did read all of the documents posted about the acpi and apm problem. I have posten my problem before in great extent and will keep it short this time :) My computer is ACPI complient, but Windows XP doesnt like it and crashes my computer ...
by Exception
Sun Apr 07, 2002 12:50 pm
Topic: Insyde MobilePRO ACPI not XP compatible either?
Replies: 7
Views: 9047

right...

Hmm... That's rather simplistic. I knew that, but it's not really what I asked, sorry.
I asked how to reinstall XP with APM and no ACPI. And whether ACPI is turned off by turning off power management in the bios.
I have one of those crappy crippled notebook biosses with only 2 options in each menu.
by Exception
Wed Apr 03, 2002 5:27 pm

Eh...

This might sound stupid, but how do I reinstall XP with APM instead of ACPI, and what's the difference, and uh.. right So if I turn off power management in my bios I turn off ACPI? And that would solve my problems? Then windows would take over and do everything by itself. I just formatted my entire ...
by Exception
Mon Apr 01, 2002 7:23 am

ehhh

Very interesting... that mr sunglassesface is actually an EIGHT. So it's version 1.0EIGHT. I don't know how to give you guys more info on my system. I know it's 440BX based motherboard. I can give you the bios, if that helps, and possibly check for anything else... I'd really like to keep XP running...
by Exception
Mon Apr 01, 2002 7:15 am

Insyde MobilePRO ACPI not XP compatible either?

Hey guys! I tried running Bios Agent, but it crashed my compu. very interesting. Anyway, I have a custom built laptop with a SystemSoft bios, and it's got the latest bios as far as I know (v. 1.08), but the bios IS pretty old. The ACPI bios is by Insyde, and it's a Insyde MobilePRO bios version 1.2....