Flash rom is write protect

BIOS Questions that don't belong in the other forums. Read them!
neobrjp
New visitors - please read the rules.

I upgraded my bios few days ago using bflash from awardbios. The flash loader dont started automatic and I ask award support for any helps and the reply was: insert the boot disk with the flash loader, type exit and in the a prompt type bflash /f,when I did this the bios was upgraded but I hear a sound coming from the motherboard : cpu error,I checked cmos and everything looks ok,maybe the CPU frequency voltage is not the same than before,but in new bios I cannot adjust this issue. Anyway I tried to backup my last bios original.bin,bflash original.bin /f,original.bin /f and the same message appears again Program Chip Fail your flash rom is write-protected check the jumpers!...I checked the jumpers a hundred times and I looked for any flash rom protection in cmos and everything looks ok,award stop reply me and I dont know what to do anymore...somebody could help me please! :(
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

What chip is the BIOS chip?
Tested patched BIOSes. Untested patched BIOSes.
Emails *will* be ignored unless the subject line starts "Wim's BIOS forum"
neobrjp
New visitors - please read the rules.

Intel 815
zonxar
Master Flasher

What you have supplied is the motherboard chipset, not the BIOS chip type. The BIOS chip will resemble one of those in the picture and it will most likely be black in color:

There should be a number, something like 29EE010 or W29C020-70, etc., printed on the surface of the chip. If there is an Award label, it may have to be peeled back to see this number.

:)