Shuttle (Creative) 2A69KH2EC needed

BIOS Questions that don't belong in the other forums. Read them!
gangsta
BIOS Rookie

any one knows where I can get an updated BIOS update file for my mobo:

Creative/Shuttle (HOLCO) BIOS ID 2A69KH2EC
OEM ID: (M003BP43) Intel i440BX PCIset

Creative doesn't offer mobo updates so I am not sure what to do , it's been 4 years & it is getting old, & the multiplier doesn't seem good enough any more!.

I was not able to find it at the Creative nor Shuttle websites, and I am not sure if I could use any of Shuttle's "HOT" BIOS file on mine. Mine is a slot1 & these are not slot1 mobos.

Shuttle's Bios site:
http://www.spacewalker.com/english/download.htm
I did not find it there!

take note my mobo was custom made for Creative with SoundBlaster Live & a radio tuner chip onboard the PCB, with some BIOS options to control the SB emulation & SB IR , integrated into Award Modular BIOS v4.51PGM
2A69KH2EC
07/22/1999-i440BX-ITE867-2A69KH2EC-00
ITE 8671 rev 1 found at port 279h
Intel 440BX/ZX rev 3
(M003BP43) Intel i440BX PCIset

so that is my predicament!

could some one advice what to do or where to get it.
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

What kind of support or fix are you looking for? Your BIOS already seems to support large (>32GB) HDDs.
gangsta
BIOS Rookie

two things

1 better Multiplier (so I can use a faster CPU or overclock) , plus I don't know if a newer BIOS could offer a faster FSB? (currently 100)

2 better IR/COM support , my IR is not working right.

can I go with a generic Award 6.00 bios /BX/ for example? , taking into account I might loose SB functionality?
But then SB Live is PNP chip (with its own bios) so it might still work right?

I could take screen captures from my CP Device Manager > System Devices , or my actual BIOS screens. But I am not sure how to do that in the BIOS itself ;

Or perhaps some of the Bios Tweaking utilities could help me here without reflashing my bios but I am not sure about these either.

thanks for the reply
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

There's nothing like generic BIOS. All BIOSes are made for one board model.

SB Live chip should be standard PCI PnP device.
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere
gangsta
BIOS Rookie

OK, by generic I meant something for a similar or same "Shuttle" mobo without the "Creative" changes; not for other mobos, I just assume it should work ... it seems I am mistaken.

Thanks for explaining, but can you give me some useful info on how to make my mobo handle a better/higher clock multplier.

What is the maximum speed I can hope for in this regard. Right now I have PIII 550 on this mobo - slot 1.
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

This is one of the boards which do not have Shuttle equivalent - all BIOSes with "2A69KH2EC" have "W977" in the string and not "ITE867" which means that this board uses different Super I/O chip.
steved
New visitors - please read the rules.

I had a Creative mobo and the only way to upgrade the bios was to order an upgrade chip from micro-firmware. It'll cost you 69 bucks, but it did make the mobo operate smoother and accept larger cpu's.
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

New board (used) is cheaper.
blaster
New visitors - please read the rules.

You state that your bios oem id is M003"BP"43. My bios is the same date with an oem id of M003"BE"43. The reason I am asking is that my front side buss choices were 66,75,and83 mhz. You state your fsb to be 100mhz. I bought a $70 bios upgrade from eSupport.com---they sell rip-offs. My system is running a P3@900mhz cpu with a 100mhz fsb. The bios upgrade gave me fsb choices up to 133mhz---and promised hard drive support up to 127 gigs---they lied. Did you buy your system from Tiger Direct? Michael Monosky (blaster)