Search found 7 matches

by Gesp
Wed Feb 05, 2003 4:10 pm
Forum: My hard drive isn't recognized
Topic: Wrong disk size in bios after disk crash
Replies: 2
Views: 2592

Wrong disk size in bios after disk crash

It's not so easy to describe because it's not on my computer. The disk is a 30gb and was running normaly. The disk crash and the owner fdisk and format the disk. But the size reported by the bios and fdisk is only 4gb now. Maybe the MBR is bad after a virus infection. I ask him to delete all partiti...
by Gesp
Wed Sep 11, 2002 9:13 pm
Topic: 40GB: Biostar M6TBC
Replies: 11
Views: 6865

Everything is OK

You were terrific, i have receive so quickly the modified bios. I patch the bios and can withdraw the 32G limitation jumper and discover a new not allocated area. But the size of this partition is only 5,78 Gb because i have forgoten the 7% error between 1 Gb constructor=1E9 bytes and not 1024^3 :x ...
by Gesp
Fri May 03, 2002 9:14 am

Gesp: What motherboard do you have? Biostar M6TBC last available bios http://www.biostar.com.tw/products/mainboard/slot_1/m6tbc/bios.php3 I have got also an eprom programmer available not so new so i have dowloaded the program under windows to use it (before it was with a 286 and a dos program :rol...
by Gesp
Fri May 03, 2002 12:13 am

Thank you for the response My disk is a Seagate Barracuda IV and the overlay program is Diskwizard (Ontrack) If something goes wrong with your disk forget about trying to boot from a floppy. You will not be able to retrieve any data. It's also possible to create a boot floppy disk to restore mbr and...
by Gesp
Wed May 01, 2002 10:11 pm
Forum: My motherboard is dead
Topic: HP Vectra XU 5/90 dead ?
Replies: 0
Views: 3163

HP Vectra XU 5/90 dead ?

At power on, the three led on front panel light orange and nothing append (no sound exept the starting HD). I have got change CPU, memory, video, disk and nothing more append. I have got verify +5V and +12V (OK) but can't change powersupply because it's not standard ATX connector size (2 more pins /...
by Gesp
Wed May 01, 2002 9:34 pm

40GB: Biostar M6TBC

Yet, i have a 40 GB disk limited to 32 GB with a jumper :oops: Isn't it more secure, easer to use an overlay program as to replace some lines of bios with nop and try if it's work flawlessly? My disk is partialy full with datas. Is it a particular risk at the moment i install the overlay program to ...