40GB: 2A69JB0DC

BIOS update, EIDE card, or overlay software? (FAQ Hard disk recognition)
Squirl
New visitors - please read the rules.

:P Hi! Hope someone there can help. Specs on my system; String; 2A69JB0DC-00. Biostar mobo, Chipset-Intel 440 EX/LX rev 3, BIOS Date 12-31-97, Superior IO: SMC 67 x rev 1 found at port 3Foh, BIOS update: M6TLC. I'm in the process of upgrading from Win. 95 to 98. Added 256 MB and the system only recognizes 160MB. I left my 32 MB. Should be around 288MB without system resources. I have spent a LOT of time trying to upgrade my BIOS. Have tried 3 different How-to files. I feel sure that I have the correct file for my motherboard etc...My jumper settings are correct according to manual. I also have a 40 Gb external HD to install after I upgrade my BIOS. Everytime I get to the DOS prompt I put in AWDFLASH.EXE then go to put in TLC0306B.BIN for the BIOS file I get an error message. This program cannot be run in DOS mode, or bad command or file name. And I'm sorry to say I'm not very familiar with DOS. I searched the files and actually used the one from this site and have had no luck. Please help? Any suggestions will be appreciated. :? Thanks for your time.
Denniss
BIOS Guru

You'll find a patched Bios with support for HDD up to 128GB here :
http://wims.rainbow-software.org
Please read wimsbios main page FAQ how to flash a bios

You chipset is limited to 256MB memory sticks a max but they have to be doublesided with 16 memory chips installed - your 256 stick seems to have only 8 chips thus capacity halved
Squirl

Thanks for your help. I have the wrong memory card. :cry: I'll replace that then go from there with the patch. Have a good day!
Squirl

I hope I'm doing this right! I clicked on the link to download the patch. It went to Temp folder. I don't know what to do with it now.... When the box comes up that says, Open and Save to disk, which one do I choose? I searched for directions on what to do with the patch. Can someone tell me how to do this? Sorry for the trouble and thanks for your help. :oops:
Denniss
BIOS Guru

The file is not a patch - it's a new Bios you have to flash !

Please read the wimsbios main page FAQ how to flash a mainboard Bios or ask a frien with some experience in flashing Bios