80gb HDD stop working and showing up on BIOS

BIOS update, EIDE card, or overlay software? (FAQ Hard disk recognition)
BioJohnny1
New visitors - please read the rules.

ok a few weeks back my moms hdd stopped working.you know the no os found, no drive insert new one that bunch of crap. well i inserted a new hdd thats only 10gb and just did a system recovery. now i had gotten a new pc from a friend to use myself. i was trying to see if i could go see another way to fix it. So i was going to run that thing on esupport to see if it told me anything on the hdd. Lo and behold it works fine on my pc. everything is still there. No thisis odd to me i might understand if it was new and all but it worked on my moms pc for 3 years now so i was wondering how to get a bios update because i know it doesnt work on an older pc. I tried when it worked and my current pc was a pentium 2 compaq. reason why i got new pc from friend. He wants me to finish my novel before end of summer. well enough of my talking heres specs.

BIOS Date: 07/16/03
BIOS Type: PhoenixBIOS 4.0 Release 6.0
BIOS ID: 31891.HPD.0000.D.0307161754
OEM Sign-On: None
Chipset: Intel 2560 rev 3
Superio: Unknown
OS: Microsoft Windows XP Version: 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
CPU: A0 2500 Mhz
BIOS ROM In Socket: No
BIOS ROM Size: 512K
Memory Installed: 256 MB
Memory Max: 512 MB

btw these are the specs of my moms pc with the 10gb hdd installed.
cp
BIOS Guru

and your question is?
BioJohnny1
New visitors - please read the rules.

wow i forgot that part? ok well the hdd doesnt work on my moms pc. it isnt read by the bios. what do i need to do?

there that ended in a question mark.
cp
BIOS Guru

ah, okay. reread your text _very_ slowly and found out about your problem. the bios is surely not the problem. it's recent enough to correctly detect everything that's available today.
recheck cableing, jumpers and bios settings.

if you really want a bios update...

your mainboard seems to be (according to this:http://www.animehorizons.com/forums/sho ... hp?t=14652 and this:http://www.elhvb.com/mboards/OEM/HP/) a TriGem Imperial GLVE. it's a hp computer, right? there should be a bunch of funky stickers on it. write the numbers down and just surf the hp customer care sites for an update.