80GB: Tekram p6b40-a4x

BIOS update, EIDE card, or overlay software? (FAQ Hard disk recognition)
billjones
New visitors - please read the rules.

I flashed my bios with the provided "patched" bios named - p6bax110.bin on this website, Yet when I boot my machine it hangs at detecting primary ide. Is there any special jumper settings to get it to work. I just have one hdd with no jumpers as it is a single or master.
Or maybe the flash failed and it is still working on the original. Is there a way to check if the new bios was copied?
I've flashed my bios about 5 times with this new one and i am stumped. I've read old posts of people getting it to work on thier boards but I don't know where to go from here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Bill
This reads at the bottom of my screen on boot up:
12/23/98-i440bx-w83977-2a69ktg9c-00
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

The patched BIOS is:
10/11/2000-i440BX-W83977-2A69KTG9C-00
TRM-P6BX-A4X v1.10

So you still have the old BIOS.
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere
billjones

Thanks for the reply. So for some reason the new bios is not being programed. I am using a bootable floppy made from win98 and a flash program called awdflash. I boot from the floppy and command: awdflash p6bax110.bin. The flash seems to go fine but when I reboot it still says I have version 1.06. Is there maybe a jumper on the motherboard that protects the bios? Or should I use a different flash program? Thanks for any help. bill
billjones

I've tried uniflash, awdflash, awd812 and none of them seem to make the new bios stick. I'm booting with a systems disk made by win98. Any Ideas? Thanks, Bill
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

Check inside your bios setup if it has write protection or some sort of Anti-virus protection. Disable both then try again.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
billjones

So, I finally got it to work. I disabled a few things in the BIOS setup and on the next reboot I tried it again except this time overwritng the bootblock. This was the first time I did this. So I presume the problem was not writing the new bootblock. Thanks so much for your help guys, and be cool. Bill
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

thanks for reporting back the issue :)
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...