80gig and 120 gig

BIOS update, EIDE card, or overlay software? (FAQ Hard disk recognition)
tootintorrey
New visitors - please read the rules.

ok im not sure if im in the right place but ill go ahead anyways. i had my 80gb (western digital) with xp on it as my harddrive with a 3.5 quantum fireball for music storage. i went to take out the 3.5 and replace it with a new 120 wd1200 7200 8mb harddrive. i went to boot and nothing happened it would post the harddrives and stuff but nothing else. i took out the 120 and installed xp on it to try and dual boot and use file sharing to transfer everything to the 120. i have xp now on both hds and can only load the 120. the 80 is the one im concerned about becuase it has all my data and wont load windows without booting off the cd. i tried a repair install but it still doesnt work. the bios is now acting weird and loading really slow and not posting fast i have the latest version of my bios so i dont think its that. anyone got a suggestion? i just want to fix the 80gb hd. im not sure if my boot recorde got messed up and i tried to use the fixboot command but it didnt help. its frustrating having to basically reinstall windows if i shutdow. if im in the wrong area could an admin kindly move me to the right are? thx