I need help - Biostar 2A69KB0CC-00

BIOS update, EIDE card, or overlay software? (FAQ Hard disk recognition)
lineus
New visitors - please read the rules.

Hi, I'm new to this, and I need as much help as possible.

I have a Biostar MoBo with the Award ID 05/31/1999-i440BX-SMC60X-2A69KB0CC-00 and I need it to recognize my 120gb Maxtor DiamondMax 16 Hard Drive. It hangs on the System Configuration Screen, but I have gotten it to boot using a boot floppy and skipping the autodetection parts. I have also gotten it to boot from CD by changing the harddrive type in BIOS, and the boot CDs see the harddrive at full size. I have played around with jumpers (Master/Slave/Circuit Select) and the drive still causes it to hang at the System configuration Screen.

Basically, I need to know the BIOS Update I need, the flasher program I need, and how to do it. I do not have the manual for this board, so any help would be greatly appreaciated. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I also just found this number below the Award Copyright and above the CPU/Memory Test:
TBA0531D

Done some more fiddling around, and I have also gotten it to boot from CD by changing the harddrive type in BIOS, and the boot CDs see the harddrive at full size. I have played around with jumpers (Master/Slave/Circuit Select) and the drive still causes it to hang at the System configuration Screen

Thanks again.

---
~Lineus
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Biostar M6TBA with 2MBit (256KB) Bios

www.biostar.com.tw or www.biostar-usa.com should have a newer Bios (6/2000) probably with better HDD support
lineus

Neither of the Biostar websites had the M6TBA BIOS, it's too old to be even considered a legacy product I guess. I was able to use the Internet Wayback machine, though, and found a BIOS for the board from Biostar that's dated 11/24/1999. Should I try this? The size of the .BIN is 256K exactly. File is called Tba1124b.BIN. Thanks!
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Biostar is not really know for having good support for older boards.

Please try
ftp://ftp.biostar-usa.com/bios/M6TBA/
ftp://ftp.biostar-usa.com/bios/M6TBA/TBA0602B.BIN
You need to try this several times as it seems to be permanently overloaded.

Please use Uniflash to update and/or verify the file download was complete before trying to flash. Uniflash should verify the file before flashing but Award flash usually does not. As the file is not zipped there's no verification upon download/decompress. File size has to be 131074 bytes otherwise download is corrupted.
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

it's a 2mbit Deniss so has to be 262144 bytes. Anyway, it is in the offline archives so sent it by email already.
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
lineus

Thanks for the file, will try it as soon as I can, but It won't be for a few days... life is in the way. Post when I've got news.