Titanium IB BIOS - Cannot see large harddrives!

BIOS update, EIDE card, or overlay software? (FAQ Hard disk recognition)
The_Mole
New visitors - please read the rules.

I need a BIOS that will allow the PC to see my spare 80gb and 40gb hds.
BIOS is v1.3s 11-27-97.
11/27/97-i430TX-NS336-2A59IQ1CC-00

Really need a fixed BIOS update asap.

Fixed it myself using BIOS Patcher. <-excellent program! - NOW included in the zip file! :)
http://www.noklocked.btinternet.co.uk/d ... b_v14s.zip
(NEW V1.4s UPLOADED: 11-04-08, 22:51)
Works as far as I can tell...I had 6.5GB and 4GB drives before!!!
I now have 80GB and 40GB. Quite an increase in size!!!
I use this old PC for unlocking and flashing mobiles under Me and shortly to backup my WAV files I've made from CD and vinyl!

You're welcome to relocate the file...

AUTO PROBLEM BEFORE:
Note sometimes the BIOS doesn't always acknowledge the patch when the PC is first turned on or has been shutdown and restart-ed. Therefore make sure the four ide lines are set to be autodetected not physically set up - otherwise the BIOS will hang and sometimes the PC will not boot at all for ages.

ABOVE AUTO PROBLEM NOW RESOLVED: 04-11-08.
The reason for this is I just used the standard patcher switches. That works great, but by default this creates a dual BIOS. What this means is if the keyboard isn't detected immediately or other problem, system will boot an unpatched version of the BIOS (as a safety feature) only this BIOS is not wanted anymore as I know the patched BIOS works fine! However, the unpatched BIOS code will lock up the PC!!!

I didn't remove this feature initially. Once happy with your BIOS - that it works on the auto method, you need to add the /s switch to remove this backup safety feature:
d:\
cd patch
patch.exe oldbios.bin /s

This stops patcher making a dual bios and only the patched code is used.
So now the BIOS doesn't accidentally boot the OLDBIOS.BIN code.

This is what would cause the PC to hang horribly as then the BIOS memory is updated with data that is incorrect. Using DUALBIOS.BIN you have to have drives autodetected to get round this problem and do a ctrl, shift, del if www.rom.by message doesn't appear.

With my new BIOS, TIB_V14S.BIN (included in the above zip), this is just purely a patched BIOS. Hence it cannot boot the old code as it isn't there.

0 I've added the patch tool to the zip for other bioses you may want to patch and try for yourself.

0 OLDBIOS.BIN is the original unpatched BIOS. Using a hex editor, you can check all was patched correctly by patching it twice and comparing code/files with mine and your own.

0 FLASH.EXE is the Award flash tool I used. Very hard to find, I cheated and looked on www.giga-byte.com and looked up a BIOS update for a motherboard I had many years ago now. GA-586HX.
Last edited by The_Mole on Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:52 am, edited 20 times in total.
The_Mole
New visitors - please read the rules.

Thread updated on 04-11-08.