Transferring Data

BIOS update, EIDE card, or overlay software? (FAQ Hard disk recognition)
RobertR.
Master Flasher

I am thinking to revert back to windows xp home. The only way i could go back to windows home is to use HPs recovery cds. I want to back up my data and OS (in case if recovery goes bad :lol: ) from my 80gig maxtor to my new 160gig western digital. What program can i use to backup my data and OS? :? and does anyone know how many recovery cds i am supposed to recieve from HP for a pavilion a210n? :wink:

My computer specs:

HP Pavilion a210n
2.5GHz processor
512MB RAM
DVD Rom primary
DVD RW secondary
80gig 5200 rpm Maxtor Primary
100gig 7200 rpm Seagate Secondary
KachiWachi
The New Guy

Did the HDD manufacturer give you a "setup" disk or CD to do this?

As for the HP disks...does the HP website mention you this? If not, you can call them and find out I'm sure.

Thanks.
RobertR.
Master Flasher

KachiWachi wrote:Did the HDD manufacturer give you a "setup" disk or CD to do this?
Yes when i bought the western digital harddrive it came with a CD. But I dont know if it will let me copy my data and plus I lost the CD. I also have been hearing that western digital drives are not good. So is it going to be reliable to copy my data on to it?
KachiWachi
The New Guy

I've owed WD, Seagate, and Maxtor drives...and at one time or another, I've had trouble with them all.

So basically it comes down to just how well the particular drive you got was manufactured.
cp
BIOS Guru

So basically it comes down to just how well the particular drive you got was manufactured.
that's always the case, isn't it? afaik there are no special problems known with any drive series right now. so it depends on whom you'd ask about drives. ask 10 people and they'll give you 12 different advise on which drive brand NOT to buy. most 'information' is just fake or urban legend or both. i known that there were drive series prone to errors. everyone remebers the infamous IBM drive series.. but as already stated: which drive you buy depends on needs, funds and maybe personal reasons ;)