howto flash bios using pci card

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
son_harina
New visitors - please read the rules.

i have read in some of the messages that you can flash bios using lan card if i remember. i saw a lot of lan card that have sockets just like the bios chips (dip chips i guess) but the size is two pins shorter. are those cards that they were referring to. please help. i have a dead mobo that i have tried the hotswap but it didnt workout right.
Tomasz
Chip off the ol' block

Well, maybe that was my post about flashing FlashROM with PCI car (NIC). The socket of the NIC was really 28, not 32 pins...
But, after all, You try to hot-flash with another mobo, see FAQ on that forum&search posts about hot-flashing!
Good luck!
Tomasz.
son_harina

hi!

i failed to flash my bios using other motherboard maybe because of the size. my bios is 256k and my available board is only 128k. can i use my pci card instead? if ever, can you tell me how to do that? thanks!

son
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

Well, I've hotflashed many 256KB BIOSes on boards that originally had a 128KB BIOS. That shouldn't be a problem.
WildFire84

"howto flash bios using pci card?"

Thats the Trillion Dollar Question....
son_harina

i tried flashing this bios chip (256k) on two 128k motherboards. always the problem is when i try to flash using uniflash is 'verifying error' prompts me. :?: