UNIFLASH says error/ 3com 3c595 Compatabilty

Hot-swapping and Boot-Block flash & Boot block flash and floppy support
WildFire84
New visitors - please read the rules.

My BIOS Crash when i was updating. I think it was the wrong one. (AWARD). So i was trying to hotflash it on another mo-bo. But when i try to execute Uniflash, it says "PCI Device not responding." Somethin like that. It's a real old board, so that may be the prob (Old Pacard Bell 386).

So this comes to my question. i have another board with a 3com 3c595 PCI NIC with a 32 pin interface for my SST DIPS (i have a few now, and a MX28f1000PC) But when i put any of the dips in the interface, it doesn't find it in uniflash. is the NIC compatable?
WildFire84

I can't believe this. I'm trying to flash my BIOS DIP with uniflash. I just found a RTL8139 NIC, which is "Supposedly" Supported by Uniflash. I even have an Intel 810 PCI Chipset MO-BO that is supported too. But the NIC doesn't come up when i type "UNIFLASH -PCIROM" That really Sucks. i meet all the requirements, yet Uniflash has Screwed me over. Only universal flash utility my eye. They shouldn't get my hopes up saying a certain NIC is supported when it's not.
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

Go bitching somewhere else :x
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere
rufinojr54

hi,

i have this pci card that has an available socket just like my bios' socket but it is two pins shorter. i tried to look for pci cards that come with exact socket but i cannot find one. this card is a lan card. can i use this to flash my bios? how? my bios chip is winbond wc020c (something like this). i tried to hotflash it on other motherboards using uniflash -force but it didnt work out right.please help!
WildFire84

Ok Rainbow, I apologize for what i said earlier in this post. I was pretty mad at this stuff, because i've been trying for a few week to ressurect my bios. I usually don't lash out on forums like that.

Back to the original problem. Is there any reason why the Realtek NIC wouldn't Show up? Under the Uniflash Documentation, This Nic is specified as a "Card with specific support in UniFlash." What does that mean exactly? Is there a special Trick to this? My Mo-Bo has an Intel 810 Chipset BTW. It's wierd because the 3com PCI NIC comes up when i type "UNIFLASH-Pcirom" But the realtek nic doesnt.
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

Currently, all the PCI cards are untested (no * or # mark in uniflash.doc) because I don't have the hardware to test. There may be (and are) bugs. I'm going to test some 3Com card in next days.
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere