It is currently Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:11 am

News News of Do you have a BIOS problem?

Site map of Do you have a BIOS problem? » Forum : Do you have a BIOS problem?

Sony PCG K14 doesn't work after bios update

I have a dead laptop. A Sony PCG K14. After updating the bios (PH-A04X10802CL04US), the system power comes on, the dvd resets, but nothing else. I've read many of the posts on this web page, even tried the crisis recovery disk and the LPT key. No difference. Unit doesn't even TRY to access the floppy. I'm wondering if anyone has any other ideas or methods of restoring even the original bios.
Read more : Sony PCG K14 doesn't work after bios update | Views : 936 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Notebook BIOS and other problems

Toshiba Satellite A40 (Bios Corrupt, Need to Flash, Help!)

I've made my own report with the beginning and the recent effects of this whole issue as to why this lap top is having problems. This is just a recap of many hours of work, reading, and calling Toshiba. Please read the following short summary.

Laptop Info: Toshiba Satellite A40 System Unit Model No. PSA40C-09CXV

Prognosis:

- Using the computer as normal for several hours
- Clicked on link to a foreign website (which was ...

Acer Travelmate 4502LMi Won't power on

Hello Everyone , i recently got a Travelmate 4500 and it does the following when i connect the AC:

1) It will power up without pressing the power button
2) The screen is black :(
3) The Power LED changes color to Orange And Green
4) The fan goes on
5) After That , nothing happends

I heard that i should flash the BIOS and i've tried ...
Read more : Acer Travelmate 4502LMi Won't power on | Views : 1551 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Notebook BIOS and other problems

Lights come on but nothing more..

Here's my story :P

Bought a used HP Pavilion ZE5525ea with a bad flashed BIOS. Tried using the bootblock mode with partially success. On first try the floppy was read but nothing happend. Got a new floppy that my floppy drive did not like just came with those horrible noises only a floppy drive can make.
I turned it off again. Tried to turn it on, but ...
Read more : Lights come on but nothing more.. | Views : 885 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Notebook BIOS and other problems

Flashed Bios, now I can't boot

I have a MSI 865 PE Neo-2 series motherboard. I was having trouble with my controller card, and I somehow "stupidly" ended up flashing my bios. Now, I can't boot up my computer.

This is the email I sent to MSI Customer Service, I'm awaiting a response from them:

I accidentally flashed my bios. After that, I restarted my computer, but nothing happened. My computer wouldn't boot. I couldn't even get to the Bios screen. ...
Read more : Flashed Bios, now I can't boot | Views : 2810 | Replies : 11 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

P4VXMS REV 1.0 CE DEAD MOBO NEED BIOS

HI MY NAME IS CARLI AND I AM LOOKING FOR THE BIOS FOR THIS MOBO P4XVMS REV 1.0 CE ,PROCESOR SOKET 423 ,VIA VT 8233, 3 SLOT MEMORY ,1 AGP , BIOS WINDBOND W49F002U-12B, CAN YOU HELP I HAVE FRIEND WITH A PROGRAMER I DOWNLOAD A FEW BIOS BINS BUT NONE WORK ,THANKS CARLI
Read more : P4VXMS REV 1.0 CE DEAD MOBO NEED BIOS | Views : 2605 | Replies : 4 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

ei system bios problem

hi all. just wondering if anyone could help me out. i have an ei system laptop and i now want to install an external sound card. the new sound card wont install, no matter how many times i try. i've been told that i need to disable all the sounds from the internal sound card first. someone told me to go into my bios and disable all sounds. the thing is,i get into my bios ...
Read more : ei system bios problem | Views : 2632 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Notebook BIOS and other problems

Dead BIOS - Acer S82MA Motherboard/Winbond W49V002FAP Chip

OK, I was informed by a 'reliable' source that the S82MA was the same as an AOpen MX4B, so I flashed the BIOS of the MX4B onto the S82MA. As you may have already guessed, this was not a good idea. Boot-block mode is not automatically started, so the checksum must be correct. I have no video, no hard drive activity and only the DVD drive's light flickers; and my computer lacks an internal speaker. ...
Read more : Dead BIOS - Acer S82MA Motherboard/Winbond W49V002FAP Chip | Views : 7483 | Replies : 1 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

unknown charger problem, Dell Inspiron 1150

I just bought a car charger for my Dell laptop(Not original dell), but when I plugg it in and go into the bios it just displays unknown charger and does not charge the battery.

Is there a way around this?
Read more : unknown charger problem, Dell Inspiron 1150 | Views : 1250 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Notebook BIOS and other problems

Need help with possible BIOS/SpeedStep problem

I have a Compaq Presario 2500 that originally came with a desktop Celeron 2.0 GHz. I wanted to upgrade the processor and lower power consumption at the same time. The Celeron consumed a straight 60 watts and wasn't a SpeedStep processor, so it ran at 2.0 GHz all the time.

Since the Presario 2500 could originally come with a Mobile P4 (Northwood core), I assumed I could use a P4-M processor instead (Northwood core) because ...
Read more : Need help with possible BIOS/SpeedStep problem | Views : 2774 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Notebook BIOS and other problems

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 56143 • Total topics 11037 • Total members 9743

Twitter

About Us

Wim's BIOS is the internet premier source for finding (EFI) BIOS Upgrades. Started in 1996, the site hosts a lot of unique content on how to find the correct BIOS updates and general information about your PC's (EFI) BIOS.

To quickly get started try the online BIOS scan (spyware/adware free) which will scan your computer, get back with a BIOS report and propose an updated BIOS if available. Alternatively search for your bios update manually. You can also use the menu at the top to navigate through the site!