It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:21 pm

News News of Do you have a BIOS problem?

Site map of Do you have a BIOS problem? » Forum : Do you have a BIOS problem?

FLASH went wrong!! HOTFLASH!! Dangerous?

HI all!!

The flashing went wrong. The last block was WRITE FAIL. Now my bios is corrupted. It didn't work because i found out the the VOLTAGE of the NVRAM battery was 700MV instead of 2.8V. TOO LATE!!

My board is

DFI NFII Ultra infinity
BIOS DATE 11/27/2003
I get the file ; NF2UIDB24.zip (latest update on DFI website)

Wath do i do with corrupted bios?? I heard about HOTFLASH.

Is that dangerous for the ...
Read more : FLASH went wrong!! HOTFLASH!! Dangerous? | Views : 1638 | Replies : 5 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

"Intel Screen" at bootup stays on for 20s after re

My harddrive was dying so I reformatted, reinstalled Win xp, etc. Everything works fine except when I boot up or turn computer on from hibernate I get the intel screen up for about 20 seconds first and it doesn't sound like it's doing anything. Then it checks the drives and boots normally. If I hit F2 to enter setup it says entering setup for the same amount of time.
I have updated my bios. I ...
Read more : "Intel Screen" at bootup stays on for 20s after re | Views : 4054 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Power Management problems

Boot Block Flash Question

I have an evga 680i motherboard (I know how many problems they have had, i am just trying to make it work :D ) and i tried updating the bios to the new version P23. Everything appeared to go correctly until i rebooted. Then I get to Boot Block and it says it is looking for awdflash.exe.
Thanks to this forum which is amazing, i made ...
Read more : Boot Block Flash Question | Views : 5587 | Replies : 12 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

HELP! Flashed Bios NOW DEAD! WITH FIX!

I SOLVED THIS PROBLEM, LOOK AT POST #4 TO SEE HOW I DID IT.

I downloaded the Abit Flashmenu to flash my bios. I'm using an Abit sr7-8x motherboard with ami bios. When trying to flash to the latest bios i recieved an error message stating it could not complete. i tried this a few times and got the same error message.

After rebooting my machine to see if that would fix the issue. My ...
Read more : HELP! Flashed Bios NOW DEAD! WITH FIX! | Views : 8251 | Replies : 4 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

thinkpad battery meter wrong

yeah so I've exchanged my dell p2 266mhz to a guy who knows absolutely nothing about computers (he just wanted microsoft office in french) and got a "almost" new thinkpad A22m p3 1ghz 256ram, the only problem is the battery, after a full charge, it goes down to 0% in 15minutes! at first I thought that the battery was totally dead. but after disabling the auto-shutdown, i noticed it still runs fine at 0% for ...
Read more : thinkpad battery meter wrong | Views : 1943 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Notebook BIOS and other problems

Can I get some help?

I flashed the bios on my motherboard and now the thing is dead. I followed all the instructions perfectly. I then tried to floppy thing. Now when I start up the computer it checks the RAM then pauses. Nothing will work after that. What can I do? Thanks for any help.

-Cuberth
Read more : Can I get some help? | Views : 733 | Replies : 1 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

BIOS beeps

Yesterday when i turned on my PC, heard two beeps coming from my PC. What do they mean? I have a Pheonix BIOS chip. here are some other information you might need:

Brand name: HP
Model number: Pavilion a210n
Primary HDD: Western Digital 160gig (Upgraded from Maxtor 80gig)
Secondary HDD: Seagate 100gig (Add on)
Primary optical drive: Samsung DVD-ROM
Secondary optical drive: I/O Magic DVD-RW (Upgraded from CD-RW)
CPU: Intel(R) Celeron @ 2500 Mhz
Memory ...
Read more : BIOS beeps | Views : 3553 | Replies : 8 | Forum : RAM compatibility with BIOS

Dell Latitude D600 Problem

Hi, I've got D600 with last BIOS A16. Yesterday I decided to install a new cpu PM-1,83/2mb, but unfortunately the BIOS displays its speed on 1.4G. However, in Windows the speed is reported correctly. Do anybody have an idea how to fix the this problem with the BIOS?

Thanks in advance
Read more : Dell Latitude D600 Problem | Views : 2488 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Notebook BIOS and other problems

system speed and bios

Hi Guys, please excuse my ignorance as I am a newbie to any type of forums, (Yes I did read the rules)

Anyway, here's the story.
I am unfortunately the owner of a compaq presario 2500 notebook, This machine was reasonably ok when I bought it 2 years ago, however its performance has become noticably slower as time marches on.
Also only 1 of the 3 fans seem to function and the exhaust air is ...
Read more : system speed and bios | Views : 1178 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Notebook BIOS and other problems

Epox 8K3A+ Dead

Hi,

Had a problem with this mobo.
Was intermittently going to reset and had problems with memory.
DIMM Connector 1 was faulty - took this out.
The mobo has furthermore, DIMM Slots 2 and 3.

I figured this mobo would accept RAM in any socket but mobo
now sits a C0, C1 post code flashing in the onboard post LED
when 512MB DDR DIMM in Slot 2.

Does anyone know with certainty if this mobo ...
Read more : Epox 8K3A+ Dead | Views : 1011 | Replies : 1 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 56252 • Total topics 11077 • Total members 9917

Twitter

About Us

Wim's BIOS is the internet premier source for finding (EFI) BIOS Upgrades. Started in 1996, the site hosts a lot of unique content on how to find the correct BIOS updates and general information about your PC's (EFI) BIOS.

To quickly get started try the online BIOS scan (spyware/adware free) which will scan your computer, get back with a BIOS report and propose an updated BIOS if available. Alternatively search for your bios update manually. You can also use the menu at the top to navigate through the site!