It is currently Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:18 pm

News News of Do you have a BIOS problem?

Site map of Do you have a BIOS problem? » Forum : Do you have a BIOS problem?

Epox 8K3A+ Dead

Hi,

Had a problem with this mobo.
Was intermittently going to reset and had problems with memory.
DIMM Connector 1 was faulty - took this out.
The mobo has furthermore, DIMM Slots 2 and 3.

I figured this mobo would accept RAM in any socket but mobo
now sits a C0, C1 post code flashing in the onboard post LED
when 512MB DDR DIMM in Slot 2.

Does anyone know with certainty if this mobo ...
Read more : Epox 8K3A+ Dead | Views : 995 | Replies : 1 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

No POST

I am looking for information on a K8N-DL Motherboard that will not POST. I sent the board to the Asus RMA Dept. and they report that the board is O.K. I am testing it with a minimum of Hardware which I believe is: Video:Getforce 6600 D256M :Processor Opteron 240 in socket #1 Memory : 1GB PC3200 DDR40 ECC REG. in Socket A1: Power supply is Antec EPS True550 12 Volt 550 Watt. All voltages checked ...
Read more : No POST | Views : 1192 | Replies : 1 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

Dead Sony Vaio PCG-K415B Bios / KBC / Motherboard

Hi All.

I have been given a Sony Vaio Laptop (PGC-K415B).

I was told that windows would crash and blue screen alot, so the laptop was given to a my mates friend to try and fix the problem, When he got it back there laptop no longer boots.

You get the power led's light up, hdd spins up, and the wifi light on the front powers up, dvd-drive can not be opened, nor does the ...
Read more : Dead Sony Vaio PCG-K415B Bios / KBC / Motherboard | Views : 11915 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Notebook BIOS and other problems

Please Help Acer 4152 Dead after bios update

I downloaded the new bios v2.5 from the acer europe site and updated my v2.3 it was upgraded successfully and told me to restart, after the restart no screen nothing only the power light and the hdd light was on. I tried all the crisis stuff but they don seem to work, please give me any links of the files needed and stuff please.. thanks in advance
Read more : Please Help Acer 4152 Dead after bios update | Views : 8521 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Notebook BIOS and other problems

Dell D600 and 600M with bios rev. X01 & X04 - how to upd

I have a couple of Dell laptops with early bios versions, possibly (probably) prototype versions of the D600 and 600M models. They have bios versions X01 and X04, and I'd like to update the bios on these machines to something close to current revisions. I've done this on an Inspiron 5160 by starting with the A01 bios, then working my way up in steps with later versions.
Has anyone done this with D600's or 600M's? ...

Failed Flash, Dead Mobo

So, I have what I suspect is a fairly common story here... Tried to flash my BIOS to a new version, and when I rebooted it, my computer was dead. I have a Gigabyte K8-NS (Rev. 1.00), which uses an Award BIOS. Right now my computer is refusing to do anything besides give off continuous long beeps, and does not display any information to my monitor (AGP Video card). I have cleared the CMOS with ...
Read more : Failed Flash, Dead Mobo | Views : 1529 | Replies : 1 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

How do i update bios to ACPI 2.0 to be compliant with Vista?

Hello,
Does anyone here own an intel 850e chipset motherboard or know of any BIOS updates to be compatible with vista?

I get the message when installing Vista on my new motherboard:

"This computer is not compliant with the Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) standard. Windows must be installed onto a computer that supports ACPI. Contact your computer manufacturer for a BIOS update or install Windows on an ACPI-compliant computer."

How do i fix ...

HDD problem

I have a Compaq Evo N410c
And don’t recognized any HDD I try update bios in HP, but noting happened.

All information a have is:

Compaq Evo N410c
Processor type Intel Pentium III-M
ROM Revision: F14 12/15/2003
Rom Family 686A2

Please help!

Tanks

Samuel Sanchez
:oops:
Read more : HDD problem | Views : 1068 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Notebook BIOS and other problems

dfi board problem

tryed flashing bois now i get this on screen

award boot block bios v1.0
(c) 1998
bios rom checksum error
detecting floppy drive a media
drive a is 1.44mb
htldr is missing
press any key 2 reboot,
what do i do?

cmos is default
and do have bios.bin file
do i need 2 boot into dos and flash it from there ?
Read more : dfi board problem | Views : 1121 | Replies : 2 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

AMIBIOS(C)1996 ZX98-ATVER1.09(991216) RAM

Hi ,
My mother board is AMIBIOS(C)1996 ZX98-ATVER1.09(991216)
running PIII 500 Mhz.
I have 64+64 MB SDRAM installed on 2 slots.

I'm planning to upgrade to higher RAM
Whats the MAX capacity..? Is it 256MB and if yes can I install 1 single 256 MB SDRAM stick...?
Please let me know

Also , I plan to connect a higher capacity HD...80GB ATA.
Do I need to upgrade the BIOS? Where can I find the utility? ...
Read more : AMIBIOS(C)1996 ZX98-ATVER1.09(991216) RAM | Views : 4626 | Replies : 4 | Forum : RAM compatibility with BIOS

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 56209 • Total topics 11059 • Total members 9822

Twitter

About Us

Wim's BIOS is the internet premier source for finding (EFI) BIOS Upgrades. Started in 1996, the site hosts a lot of unique content on how to find the correct BIOS updates and general information about your PC's (EFI) BIOS.

To quickly get started try the online BIOS scan (spyware/adware free) which will scan your computer, get back with a BIOS report and propose an updated BIOS if available. Alternatively search for your bios update manually. You can also use the menu at the top to navigate through the site!