It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:08 pm

News News of Do you have a BIOS problem?

Site map of Do you have a BIOS problem? » Forum : Do you have a BIOS problem?

Failed Flash, Dead Mobo

So, I have what I suspect is a fairly common story here... Tried to flash my BIOS to a new version, and when I rebooted it, my computer was dead. I have a Gigabyte K8-NS (Rev. 1.00), which uses an Award BIOS. Right now my computer is refusing to do anything besides give off continuous long beeps, and does not display any information to my monitor (AGP Video card). I have cleared the CMOS with ...
Read more : Failed Flash, Dead Mobo | Views : 1513 | Replies : 1 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

How do i update bios to ACPI 2.0 to be compliant with Vista?

Does anyone here own an intel 850e chipset motherboard or know of any BIOS updates to be compatible with vista?

I get the message when installing Vista on my new motherboard:

"This computer is not compliant with the Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) standard. Windows must be installed onto a computer that supports ACPI. Contact your computer manufacturer for a BIOS update or install Windows on an ACPI-compliant computer."

How do i fix ...

HDD problem

I have a Compaq Evo N410c
And don’t recognized any HDD I try update bios in HP, but noting happened.

All information a have is:

Compaq Evo N410c
Processor type Intel Pentium III-M
ROM Revision: F14 12/15/2003
Rom Family 686A2

Please help!

Samuel Sanchez
Read more : HDD problem | Views : 1064 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Notebook BIOS and other problems

dfi board problem

tryed flashing bois now i get this on screen

award boot block bios v1.0
(c) 1998
bios rom checksum error
detecting floppy drive a media
drive a is 1.44mb
htldr is missing
press any key 2 reboot,
what do i do?

cmos is default
and do have bios.bin file
do i need 2 boot into dos and flash it from there ?
Read more : dfi board problem | Views : 1116 | Replies : 2 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

AMIBIOS(C)1996 ZX98-ATVER1.09(991216) RAM

Hi ,
My mother board is AMIBIOS(C)1996 ZX98-ATVER1.09(991216)
running PIII 500 Mhz.
I have 64+64 MB SDRAM installed on 2 slots.

I'm planning to upgrade to higher RAM
Whats the MAX capacity..? Is it 256MB and if yes can I install 1 single 256 MB SDRAM stick...?
Please let me know

Also , I plan to connect a higher capacity HD...80GB ATA.
Do I need to upgrade the BIOS? Where can I find the utility? ...
Read more : AMIBIOS(C)1996 ZX98-ATVER1.09(991216) RAM | Views : 4604 | Replies : 4 | Forum : RAM compatibility with BIOS

IBM x225 dead after Bios upgrade

Updated an IBM X225 with Update-expres 4.04 from IBM.
Now it doesn't startup and only gives 3 long beeps and a black screen.
Anyone any idear how to get this system running again? I read some info about jumper settings to get old-bios again.
Read more : IBM x225 dead after Bios upgrade | Views : 1785 | Replies : 1 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

creating .bin file out of Toshiba bios download

Greetings all...
I have a client Notebook Toshiba satellite a30 that now is a brick .
Flashing bios seemed to start O.K. but failed at about 60%
Now I have an adapter for my burner but the file on the floppy that the Toshiba program makes is too big for the flash rom .
They must be doing new things like compression these days(I am way out of touch these days and don't have a ...
Read more : creating .bin file out of Toshiba bios download | Views : 4737 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Notebook BIOS and other problems

manual flash instructions

Can someone post the step by step guide for flashing award bios. I need to do it blind and autoexec is not working.
Read more : manual flash instructions | Views : 1228 | Replies : 1 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

Intel mobo won't boot -- One beep, no display.

I reinstalled Windows on a friend's computer. He's running a Celleron, on a D845GVSR Intel board. After the installation, I needed to update some of his drivers (for the on board VGA, for his sound card, etc). While at it, I foolishly decided to also update his BIOS, using Intel's express updater.

The updater said it will flash the BIOS, and that I shouldn't turn off the power for about 3 minutes. It then ...
Read more : Intel mobo won't boot -- One beep, no display. | Views : 1569 | Replies : 1 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

Sometimes bad flashes happen to good people

I have a HP a1250n with an ms-7184 MB in it. The bios was updated to a version from The machine started acting funny after the update so I decided to try to reflash with the older hp bios. The flash was successful but now when booting I get the no video post code (1 long, 2 short). The floppy is responding. I can boot to a floppy and when I type DIR it ...
Read more : Sometimes bad flashes happen to good people | Views : 1088 | Replies : 1 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

Login  •  Register

Total posts 56181 • Total topics 11053 • Total members 9994

About Us

Wim's BIOS is the internet premier source for finding (EFI) BIOS Upgrades. Started in 1996, the site hosts a lot of unique content on how to find the correct BIOS updates and general information about your PC's (EFI) BIOS.

To quickly get started try the online BIOS scan (spyware/adware free) which will scan your computer, get back with a BIOS report and propose an updated BIOS if available. Alternatively search for your bios update manually. You can also use the menu at the top to navigate through the site!