It is currently Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:04 am

News News of Do you have a BIOS problem?

Site map of Do you have a BIOS problem? » Forum : Do you have a BIOS problem?

Error 0175, Bad CRC1 Stop

I have read a few of the fixes, however since the sytem stops I cannot update any bios through a floopy disk.
Does WIM have a bios that can replace the one in MY IBM Thinkpad.
The power supply seems ok, this happend when my battery went dead. I have not replaced the 2032 battery, but just unplgged it to clear the cmos. still shows same error. do you have to have a working battery ...
Read more : Error 0175, Bad CRC1 Stop | Views : 14204 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Notebook BIOS and other problems

Have I fu**ed up this laptop or is it normal?

Hi!

I bought a HP Pavilion ZE5525EA with a bad BIOS flash. It was charging and light came on when pushing the power button. I tok it apart and de-soldered the bios chip (actually cutted the legs and then de-soldered the remining legs). I have ordered a new chip. But now, without any BIOS chip there is no response from the system. No charging, nothing!

Is this normal? ...
Read more : Have I fu**ed up this laptop or is it normal? | Views : 941 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Notebook BIOS and other problems

Upgrading a 390x with PC133SDRAM not possibble?

Hi

i tried to upgrade myThinkpad 390x (PII 400MHz) with a 256 MB PC133 SO-DIMM module (in the other memoryslot there was a PC100SO-DIMM with 128MB). My 390x boots up and recognizes about 384MB ram. But when it comes to grub (the Linux operating system loader) then it hangs. If I boot my 390x only with the new 256MB PC133 module (after removing the old 128MB PC100 module) then i get even at the boot ...
Read more : Upgrading a 390x with PC133SDRAM not possibble? | Views : 939 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Notebook BIOS and other problems

compal cl50 unable to update bios

Hi all

i am a new newbie and just inherited a compal cl50 laptop and am trying to update its bios and install xp pro but to no avail.

i installed xp several times but each time, it hangs with 35 mins or 9 mins remaining. i was advised to update the bios. i created a bootable cd - with lots of guidance - but there is an error message when i flashed it with ...
Read more : compal cl50 unable to update bios | Views : 7553 | Replies : 18 | Forum : Notebook BIOS and other problems

ECS K8T890-A is dead! boot block recovery doens't help

Hello,

My ECS K8T890 (AMI BIOS) is dead after a failure of BIOS upgrade. I tried floppy boot block recovery. but the harddrive won't access the floppy even though i press and hold CTRL+HOME.

Since it doesn't show anything on the monitor since it's death, i don't know if there is any instruction on screen after CTRL+HOME to force boot block update.

Does anyone have any idea how to save my board? Thanks!!
Read more : ECS K8T890-A is dead! boot block recovery doens't help | Views : 3371 | Replies : 5 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

Asus A8N E Bios Problem

hey ther,
well i had just cleaned up my pc frm inside.. and may hav touched the mb surface but no area near the cmos..

well the problem is wen i go into bios setup.. my keyboard works real slow.. tht is i press the down key and it goes down after a while and then after a few seconds it hangs totally..

if i dont go into bios.. my system works properly and boots ...
Read more : Asus A8N E Bios Problem | Views : 1412 | Replies : 2 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

BIOS date problem

I am using MotherBoard intel 810E2, it shows the wrong date(some previous date 18/jul/1999) in the BIOS but the correct time in the os(xp), when I try to change the date in the BIOS, it automatically changing to its default date 18/jul/1999. How to solve this?
Read more : BIOS date problem | Views : 1024 | Replies : 1 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

I can't boot aftter flash Bios.

I have a BIOSTAR montherboard M6VLR v1.1.
After I flash it with VLR0527B.BIN,I can no boot computer.There is nothing on display.Only beep 3-1-1-1.
Read more : I can't boot aftter flash Bios. | Views : 1492 | Replies : 1 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

HP nc6220 + PCMCIA parallel port card woes

Hi everyone,

I bought a PCMCIA parallel port card for my laptop but Win XP (or is it the plug 'n pray BIOS?) maps it to a rather unusable 0xFFD8 rather than 378/278 the programming software I use needs.

Is there any way to get Windows/BIOS to correctly map the port? Are there any utilites around to remap it in software?

Thanks in advance
bfr
Read more : HP nc6220 + PCMCIA parallel port card woes | Views : 1363 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Notebook BIOS and other problems

Need Phoenix bios for ACER Travelmate 4001lmi

Hey,

CAn anyone tell me where to find a bios update for my Acer.

Info on my bios:
Phoenix - 10/12/04 - Acer TravelMate 4000 BIOS Version: 3A10 on Intel 3580 rev 2

I need to update it because my USB 2.0 doesnt; work properly.

Many thanks in advance

Mike
Read more : Need Phoenix bios for ACER Travelmate 4001lmi | Views : 4188 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Notebook BIOS and other problems

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 55944 • Total topics 10988 • Total members 9706