It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:33 pm

News News of Do you have a BIOS problem?

Site map of Do you have a BIOS problem? » Forum : Do you have a BIOS problem?

My computer will not boot. I can't get into setup.

Recently, i entered setup after restarting my computer and began to change my computers processor speed, which i eventually increased to 5x 100mhz, and since then i can't get back to windows 98, and even setup. I have tried taking the battery out for awhile, and removing all power cables, but nothing. I have been told i have to either reset my bios or alter my cmos. How can i do that if i can't ...
Read more : My computer will not boot. I can't get into setup. | Views : 2447 | Replies : 1 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

AGP Aperture on Insyde MobilePro?

Hi,

I have a Toshiba A65-S126 laptop with Insyde MobilePro BIOS version 1.90 (upgraded with the download from Toshiba's support website.)

Is there any way to access 'advanced' options in this BIOS -such as the AGP aperture? The BIOS itself is pretty bare-bones, consisting of two pages of simple configurable options.

If not, is there a way to change this setting outside the BIOS - i.e. in Windows?

Thanks
Read more : AGP Aperture on Insyde MobilePro? | Views : 1719 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Notebook BIOS and other problems

BIOS update for Toshiba Satellite A45

Hello,
I need BIOS updates for the Laptop Toshiba Satellite A45-S1202:
update CPU microcodes,added support for E0 and D0 step (Prescott CPU) and other for support CPU Mobile P4 3,06 - 3,33GHz FSB 533 L2 1MB Hyper Threading (SL7DT, SL7DU, SL7X5)

PLEASE HELP ME ! $$$

P.S. ...sorry for my english :o)
Read more : BIOS update for Toshiba Satellite A45 | Views : 4532 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Notebook BIOS and other problems

Medion RAM

I recently bought a Medion 2020,(which I think I now regret). The machine is painfully slow, so I bought 1Gig Ram hoping it would speed things up. However, the machine will not recognise the new ram. I am guessing it is a Bios problem, but the Medion web site and help desk is next to useless. Has anybody got an idea as to the best course of action.
Read more : Medion RAM | Views : 2687 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Notebook BIOS and other problems

600X disable memory in CMOS help

Hello all,

I've read threads on how to disable the internal memory in CMOS for the TP600E and 600X (?)
I have a TP600X Model 2645-8PU, PIII-500 Mhz. It has 64Mb internal memory.
I am using (2) 64Mb DIMMs in the 2 expansion slots. When I edited the CMOS value in column B row 20 from 80 to 81, pressed F2, and powered down/up. The screen only recognizes the 640 kb instead of the 196032 ...
Read more : 600X disable memory in CMOS help | Views : 1928 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Notebook BIOS and other problems

acer notebook bios problem

ı have acer notebook ı m trying to boot my notebook from windos xp professional. when ı press the F2 button bios comes up but it is passive ı cannot do anything with it. could you please give information.
Read more : acer notebook bios problem | Views : 3010 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Notebook BIOS and other problems

ECS mobo dead

Hi to all.
I've bought on ebay an ECS P4VXASD2.
It was advertised as WORKING.

Instead it's not working :evil:
Doesn't turn on.

It's a bios flashing related problem?

If i buy a flasher, i can save it?
Read more : ECS mobo dead | Views : 3034 | Replies : 10 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

I Need Bios.wph for Hp Onmibook 6000, i compensate it ¡ ¡ ¡

If you have got a Hp onmibook 6000 plis download this program ftp://ftp.support.acer-euro.com/utiliti ... tility.zip to make the bios.wph file and send my to altonxp@gmail.com i compensate it ¡ ¡ ¡ :lol:

Thanks

VH6

I have an Abit VH6 with both IDE cannot detect hard drives. Is bios update necessary to fix the problem?
Read more : VH6 | Views : 1102 | Replies : 10 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

A8N-E: need 1 extra memory timing badly

In short, i need to set Read Preamble timing manually in bios setup (or even flash fixed value).

The whole story, u may skip it. Damn mobo sets RP to useless 9 ms, my memory (ddr400 of course) cant go past 135 (270ddr) frequency with such crazy setting :evil: (common working values are about 4 to 6 ms) This only happens at higher FSB's, ...
Read more : A8N-E: need 1 extra memory timing badly | Views : 2492 | Replies : 2 | Forum : RAM compatibility with BIOS

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 56319 • Total topics 11100 • Total members 9806

Twitter

About Us

Wim's BIOS is the internet premier source for finding (EFI) BIOS Upgrades. Started in 1996, the site hosts a lot of unique content on how to find the correct BIOS updates and general information about your PC's (EFI) BIOS.

To quickly get started try the online BIOS scan (spyware/adware free) which will scan your computer, get back with a BIOS report and propose an updated BIOS if available. Alternatively search for your bios update manually. You can also use the menu at the top to navigate through the site!