It is currently Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:30 pm

News News of Do you have a BIOS problem?

Site map of Do you have a BIOS problem? » Forum : Do you have a BIOS problem?

Help! Did I kill my mobo with the setup program?

I flashed the bios on my BCM QS440BX motherboard (award bios). I double-checked the version, etc. and the flashing process apparently completed successfully. On rebooting and entering setup, I entered setup, reset the bios to defaults, then changed a couple of settings (latency, boot order, and power management settings) to where they were before. On rebooting a 2nd time, the initial screen appears, indicating bios version (the updated # is shown), but nothing happens from ...
Read more : Help! Did I kill my mobo with the setup program? | Views : 1039 | Replies : 2 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

ieee 1394 boot support for toshiba notebook

Hi to all on this board,

I have a general question about firewire (ieee 1394) boot support. My notebook (Toshiba Satellite 3000-514) has an iLink (=ieee 1394=firewire) connector but even the newest bios downloaded from the Thoshiba-Homepage does not offer the "ieee 1394 boot support". I want to use it for an external hard-disk. Knowing that there is nothing else than a Phoenix-Bios in my computer, I looked up their Homepage, reading that there is ...
Read more : ieee 1394 boot support for toshiba notebook | Views : 1931 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Notebook BIOS and other problems

Corrupted BIOS

Hello,
I have an old compaq presario 1270 (AMD K6 330 MHZ) which wasn't in use for a while. I started using it a week ago as a temporary solution for couple months. I upgraded the OS to win2k and thats when he problem started. The laptop wouldn't poweroff completeley. I looked for BIOS updates on the compaq website and found two of them. The first install went on smoothly but during the second somehow ...
Read more : Corrupted BIOS | Views : 1712 | Replies : 0 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

Award BootBlock issue

I updated my Epox 4G4A bios successully, then rebooted and all I see now is:
Award BootBlock Bios 1.0
Copyright (c) 2000

BIOS ROM checksum error

Detecting floppy drive A media..

Automatic Load AWDFLASH.EXE
!!ERROR -- LOAD AWDFLASH.EXE Failed!
Replace the disk and press enter.

Problem is that it automatically tries to load a awdflash.exe not autoexec.bat if there is even one on the disk.. And if I copy only the .bin file and awdflash.exe ...
Read more : Award BootBlock issue | Views : 5341 | Replies : 17 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

flash bios

my P3 motherboard cannot boot up after i flashed my bios. So if I able to find another P3 motherboard that have same the same bios model but different bios software version,

can I flash the second P3 motherboard's bios 2 the version tat i want and then move it to my dead motherboard? will it run?
Read more : flash bios | Views : 877 | Replies : 1 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

entering nec pc-9821 ls12 aile bios setup

anyone there can help find the key combination for nec pc-9821 notebook or refer me to any website that can help me.
Read more : entering nec pc-9821 ls12 aile bios setup | Views : 2191 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Notebook BIOS and other problems

giga-byte 6vxc7-4 dead

ok, well i i know that what i did screwed it up.. so let start at the beginning...
i have a samsung burner that died during a firmware update and would not recognize as a result... so then i stumpled accross the little util of uniflash...
i took my giga-byte board and booted in to dos swaped the chips and used uniflash to reprogram the samsung bios with the correct firmware... it said it had ...
Read more : giga-byte 6vxc7-4 dead | Views : 1108 | Replies : 5 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

Help CTX EzBook 700 notekook

I upgrade the bios of CTX EzBook 700 notekook
But I don't backup bios.
Do anyone have this bios?
Could you send it to me?
Thanksyou
Read more : Help CTX EzBook 700 notekook | Views : 2395 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Notebook BIOS and other problems

help with soyo dragon + mobo

i am upgrading from a fried athlon 1900+xp(palomino) to an athlon 2100+xp(thoroughbred) i know my mobo supports the 2100+ thor.,and soyo site has a bios update for the athlon XP thoroughbred cpus,so i put the AWDFLASH 8.2 and the needed bios from the soyo site on a floppy and followed the printed proceedure for installing from the soyo site.

it apparently ran successful and asked me to remove the floppy and restart my computer , ...
Read more : help with soyo dragon + mobo | Views : 1331 | Replies : 6 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

Bad flash results, any help is appreciated.

I am hoping that I haven't joined the ranks of the idiots who try this procedure and end up with expensive doorstops. At this point, I have my laptop ready to ship back to the manufacturer, but I just wanted to take one last stab at finding a way to get past the problem without such drastic action.

Here's the sob story:

I have a generic-built laptop from the now-defunct Windrover company. It has a ...
Read more : Bad flash results, any help is appreciated. | Views : 6831 | Replies : 30 | Forum : Notebook BIOS and other problems

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 56178 • Total topics 11053 • Total members 9967

Twitter

About Us

Wim's BIOS is the internet premier source for finding (EFI) BIOS Upgrades. Started in 1996, the site hosts a lot of unique content on how to find the correct BIOS updates and general information about your PC's (EFI) BIOS.

To quickly get started try the online BIOS scan (spyware/adware free) which will scan your computer, get back with a BIOS report and propose an updated BIOS if available. Alternatively search for your bios update manually. You can also use the menu at the top to navigate through the site!