It is currently Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:07 pm

News News of Do you have a BIOS problem?

Site map of Do you have a BIOS problem? » Forum : Do you have a BIOS problem?

Help CTX EzBook 700 notekook

I upgrade the bios of CTX EzBook 700 notekook
But I don't backup bios.
Do anyone have this bios?
Could you send it to me?
Thanksyou
Read more : Help CTX EzBook 700 notekook | Views : 2354 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Notebook BIOS and other problems

help with soyo dragon + mobo

i am upgrading from a fried athlon 1900+xp(palomino) to an athlon 2100+xp(thoroughbred) i know my mobo supports the 2100+ thor.,and soyo site has a bios update for the athlon XP thoroughbred cpus,so i put the AWDFLASH 8.2 and the needed bios from the soyo site on a floppy and followed the printed proceedure for installing from the soyo site.

it apparently ran successful and asked me to remove the floppy and restart my computer , ...
Read more : help with soyo dragon + mobo | Views : 1324 | Replies : 6 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

Bad flash results, any help is appreciated.

I am hoping that I haven't joined the ranks of the idiots who try this procedure and end up with expensive doorstops. At this point, I have my laptop ready to ship back to the manufacturer, but I just wanted to take one last stab at finding a way to get past the problem without such drastic action.

Here's the sob story:

I have a generic-built laptop from the now-defunct Windrover company. It has a ...
Read more : Bad flash results, any help is appreciated. | Views : 6815 | Replies : 30 | Forum : Notebook BIOS and other problems

My motherboard is complitly dead2

I try to make an bios upgrade end after restart, nothing not functions: display, fdd... I dont have a Isa card, i have Agp
This is mine configurations:
Motherboard GA586VX REV 3,37
AWARD PCI/PNP 586
I430VX 8663
2A59GG0BC
I find .bin in www.driverguide.com
FDD not try to read a diskette
Dispay nothing.
Thanks!
Read more : My motherboard is complitly dead2 | Views : 1129 | Replies : 1 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

My motherboard is complitly dead1

I try to make un bios upgrade end after restart, nothing functions: dsisplay, floppy.. I have a moterboard Intel end bios award
excuze my linguage
Read more : My motherboard is complitly dead1 | Views : 976 | Replies : 1 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

Flash GA-7VTX --> No video

Hi.
I flash the bios of a Gigabyte GA-7VTX motherboard. I restart de computer, the dual-bios system inform me that the main bios is diferent to the backup bios. I restart de computer... Blank screen for ever !!!! I can´t belive it. Wat´s the problem? The flash was ok because the first reboot was ok. Why next boots don´t work? Why Dual-Bios not work?

Thanks a lot

Guillermo
Read more : Flash GA-7VTX --> No video | Views : 1176 | Replies : 5 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

Soyo 486 PCI/VESA GREEN MAINBOARD dead (changed: NOW ALIVE)

Hi all. This is my first message. I hope someone can help me...
I have a "Soyo 486 PCI/VESA GREEN MAINBOARD" motherboard,
and the original BIOS was a Award:
Award Modular BIOS v4.50 PG
1984-95 Award Software Inc
REV WA
09/11/95-SIS-496-497/A/B-2A4IBS29C-00
Award Plug & Play V.1.0
I know it's old but it worked really good with Linux!
It was running pretty good with a Intel 486 DX4 at 100 MHz.
So I have got a ...
Read more : Soyo 486 PCI/VESA GREEN MAINBOARD dead (changed: NOW ALIVE) | Views : 2297 | Replies : 13 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

A few questions... +added 1 more Uniflash question

Hi All,
I,m new here :D and I've spent the last hour and a half reading through almost the entire forum. I couldn't find any specific answers to questions I have in mind though.

First off... a little info...

I've been trying to recover a crashed BE6II motherboard that was attacked by the CIH virus a few months ago. The virus also destroyed two hard drives ...
Read more : A few questions... +added 1 more Uniflash question | Views : 1057 | Replies : 2 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

AST Premmia P/133 POST Failure

My AST Premmia GX p/133 will not get past early POST failure. I hear 2 long beeps and 3 short beeps; no video ever gets initialized...the machine simply hangs after the POST failure.

The most detail I've received from the beeps is system board failure. I've pulled every card, checked RAM, etc but I do not know how to troubleshoot from here. The only visual oddity is the BIOS battery has oozed a bit of ...
Read more : AST Premmia P/133 POST Failure | Views : 1027 | Replies : 4 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

Boot Block Flash - Freeze up.

Desperate situation here folks, love some help if anyone can! I'd be terribly grateful.

Okay. System is an Albatron KX400+ Pro, Duron 1ghz, 256mhz DDR, Radeon9000 pro.

I had a movie paused in windows XP and it blue screened. After restarting, i get greeted by the

"Award Bios Boot Block 1.0
Bios ROM checksum error
Floppy media in drive a:"

etc.

Now I downloaded the most current bios update and the one before that. I ...
Read more : Boot Block Flash - Freeze up. | Views : 1529 | Replies : 2 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 56164 • Total topics 11043 • Total members 9753

Twitter

About Us

Wim's BIOS is the internet premier source for finding (EFI) BIOS Upgrades. Started in 1996, the site hosts a lot of unique content on how to find the correct BIOS updates and general information about your PC's (EFI) BIOS.

To quickly get started try the online BIOS scan (spyware/adware free) which will scan your computer, get back with a BIOS report and propose an updated BIOS if available. Alternatively search for your bios update manually. You can also use the menu at the top to navigate through the site!