It is currently Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:43 pm

News News of Do you have a BIOS problem?

Site map of Do you have a BIOS problem? » Forum : Do you have a BIOS problem?

asus P3bF real sick !

here is my story :
one day the PC turned off by itself .. and i heard a "pop" when trying to turn it on again. Suspecting the power supply to be defective i replaced it.
Now the puter wont start at all : power on led is on , green led on the MB too, hard drive, CPU cooler, attached devices like CD player powered on also EXCEPT floppy unit. And dark screen even ...
Read more : asus P3bF real sick ! | Views : 1073 | Replies : 1 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

hot-swapping?

this is simple, i tried to flash my bios but the motherboard does not boot-up.

and i been thinking that the only way to solve this problem is to make a hot sawpping but i dont have 2 motherboards exactly the same.

can i use any motherboard to do the swapping?
Read more : hot-swapping? | Views : 1013 | Replies : 1 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

Old Gateway P5-120

I have an old P5-120 with a Pentium 120 MHz CPU, a Selectron motherboard (MBDSAC045AAWW), and an Intel Triton 430 FX chip set running under the AMI 1.00.03.CN0T Bios. I am trying to upgrade the
memory on this machine from 64 Meg to 128 Meg. But when I install the
new memory, 4x32 Meg 60ns EDO SIMMs (which I tested on my other computer), the system sees only 64 Meg and malfunctions. Gateway's on-line documentation ...
Read more : Old Gateway P5-120 | Views : 2259 | Replies : 7 | Forum : RAM compatibility with BIOS

use a 10G HD ON A OLD FUJITSU NOTEBOOK

I HAVE A FUJITSU NOTEBOOK FMV-5200NA8/W
MODEL IS FMV5ANA8W5;
I WANNA USE A 10G IBM HD ON IT ,BUT IT CANNOT RECOGNISE THIS HARDDRIVE,IT SAY IT IS A 8.4G INSTEAD OF A 10G one.
and when i conect it to this notebook,it cannot boot from a floppy disk or cdrom.
pls give me where can i find the new bios or how can i boot this notebook with a 10G harddisk.
tks!
Read more : use a 10G HD ON A OLD FUJITSU NOTEBOOK | Views : 1761 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Notebook BIOS and other problems

5 year old daughter put password on my laptop

I know you said not to ask, but i dont know what else to do!
My 5 year old thought she was being smart when i let her play cards
on my dell insperion 3500 laptop. She somehow put a bios password on
it and she can't remember it!!! (You know how kids get when you pressure them!) Ive tried bribing it out of her, Ive tried everything!!!!
If you can't help, I understand, But ...
Read more : 5 year old daughter put password on my laptop | Views : 2113 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Notebook BIOS and other problems

k7vta3 rev3.1 bios n/a

well, i bought a ecs k7vta3 rev3.1 mb, and it seems like it came with a non programmed bios. bios for this mainboard are not available on ecs.com.tw site (only for 3.0x versions). i've tried all 3.0x but none of it worked. i'm trying not to waste a lot of time sending the mainboard back to the store. so if any of you has a rev3.1 bios please send it to me.

thanks!

Sérgio
Read more : k7vta3 rev3.1 bios n/a | Views : 1377 | Replies : 5 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

help notebook asus L7200 is dead

hello
I need help with notebook asus L7200 in an upgrade of erroneous bios my pc doesn't make anything this dead
somebody can me you help I believe that the bios is a chip winbond w29c020, I can remove this chip and to record it
thank you
Read more : help notebook asus L7200 is dead | Views : 2317 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Notebook BIOS and other problems

After market upgrades for Bios on a Dell Inpsiron 3500

Newbe here. I've tried to get and upgrade BIOS for my Inspiron 3500 but can't find any aftermarket suppliers who produce one. I have the latest that Dell offers. I've "hacked" quite a bit of this machine (Replacing the Pii 300 with a a Piii 650 for starters) that Dell says is not possible but the bios doesn't support Intels SpeedStep and advanced power management. I can't believe that there is no way to upgrade ...

floppy not responding to my recovery disk!

ok so i messed up my other comp flashing the bios. i made a recovery disk with my old comp (the one i'm on now) but for some reason my new computer won't recognize it. i put in the floppy and turn on the computer. then the lil green light comes on tellin me that my floppy is doin work. but its not. its jus like spinnin. its not makin noise like it would if ...
Read more : floppy not responding to my recovery disk! | Views : 1289 | Replies : 3 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

SP-586TB death-melody ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Here's a toff one!

I had (RIP?) for several years a computer with an SP-586TB motherboard / AMDK6II-200 processor. A couple of weeks ago, I was working on that computer, and suddenly the computer started to play a tune trough the MB speaker. I was really shocked, experience said to me that it could be only a virus - but there's no "entry point" in the whole 8 computer network (all floppies have cables detached ...
Read more : SP-586TB death-melody ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? | Views : 1060 | Replies : 4 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 56049 • Total topics 11012 • Total members 9719

Twitter

About Us

Wim's BIOS is the internet premier source for finding (EFI) BIOS Upgrades. Started in 1996, the site hosts a lot of unique content on how to find the correct BIOS updates and general information about your PC's (EFI) BIOS.

To quickly get started try the online BIOS scan (spyware/adware free) which will scan your computer, get back with a BIOS report and propose an updated BIOS if available. Alternatively search for your bios update manually. You can also use the menu at the top to navigate through the site!