It is currently Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:55 am

News News of Do you have a BIOS problem?

Site map of Do you have a BIOS problem? » Forum : Do you have a BIOS problem?

floppy not responding to my recovery disk!

ok so i messed up my other comp flashing the bios. i made a recovery disk with my old comp (the one i'm on now) but for some reason my new computer won't recognize it. i put in the floppy and turn on the computer. then the lil green light comes on tellin me that my floppy is doin work. but its not. its jus like spinnin. its not makin noise like it would if ...
Read more : floppy not responding to my recovery disk! | Views : 1281 | Replies : 3 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

SP-586TB death-melody ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Here's a toff one!

I had (RIP?) for several years a computer with an SP-586TB motherboard / AMDK6II-200 processor. A couple of weeks ago, I was working on that computer, and suddenly the computer started to play a tune trough the MB speaker. I was really shocked, experience said to me that it could be only a virus - but there's no "entry point" in the whole 8 computer network (all floppies have cables detached ...
Read more : SP-586TB death-melody ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? | Views : 1046 | Replies : 4 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

Hotflash of MSI bios in ABIT MB unsuccessful so far..help!

I tried to hotflash a MSI 645 Ultra bios chip in an ABIT IT7 Max 1.0 motherboard. I believe I read enough to do it right but Uniflash did not like to identify the MSI chip. Further I found it curious that all file sizes on the floppy were only showing half of what they should e.g. the biosfile of my AMI bios was 131 kbytes instead of 262 kbytes.

Some options of the Uniflash ...
Read more : Hotflash of MSI bios in ABIT MB unsuccessful so far..help! | Views : 2109 | Replies : 11 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

testing memory....!!!!!

I have a MB msi MS6163Pro (whith led control) and two led is red. I have a documentation and this error is :
"testing Base and extended Memory
testing base memory from 240k to 640k and extended above 1 MB using various pattens"

please what i have to do???
Read more : testing memory....!!!!! | Views : 841 | Replies : 3 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

huge problem...bioscrash armada m300

:cry: :?: hi,first of all,...sorry for my terrible english :-)
here is my Problem:
I try to mak Bios update,then the system hangs so i had to get off the power.
Now it des not boot anymore.When i start the power,all led 's are lighten up,Floppy,fan gets on,all ...
Read more : huge problem...bioscrash armada m300 | Views : 1786 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Notebook BIOS and other problems

Asus A7V-133 and reprograming with flash prommer

I have problem my bios chip is copleatly corrupted and i'd like
to reprogram it with flahs programmer(boot block too). Is there any trick with that. My programmer supports compleatetly my bios chip.

So can i just download new bios file from ASUS and program it in to flash bios chip ? :?
Read more : Asus A7V-133 and reprograming with flash prommer | Views : 893 | Replies : 1 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

bios wont autodetect or flash successfully- even w uniflash!

here's all the info i can get off stickers, manuals chips ect.
im using:

mobo: ASUS SP97-v (socket 7 ) (with onboard vid)

mobo chipset: SiS 5598

bios chip: winbond W29EE011-15
7400j2731149130G

bios software: Award PCI/PNP 586
s/n 093503359 1995

PROBLEM: uniflash will not detect the bios chip, and says the arrangement is unknown, and may be write potected, when i force it using code DAC1 it refuses to flash successfully. (the main bios is ...

Tekram P6B40 - A4X and ACPI in windows 2000 or XP

here is the problem and i hope you will help me...

With Windows 2000 SP1 / SP2 / SP3 or Windows XP / SP1, my computer automatically reboot after windows shutdown.... With windows 2000 whitout service pack, it's ok : the computer power off .

I tried with the bios from AOpen : ax6b R2.35 and it was okay for 1 day only ! after this bios didn't want to continue after detecting IDE drive... ...
Read more : Tekram P6B40 - A4X and ACPI in windows 2000 or XP | Views : 4618 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Power Management problems

Resurrecting an i486 - BIOS needed?

Okie lemme just open by saying I'm a total newbee at stuff like this. While I am very familliar with software, hardware and such, BIOS is an uncharted territory for me. I am eager to learn...

Anyways, for education purposes, I decided to take an old 1993 IBM i486SX desktop I found at the dump and turn in into my own server. It has a 1.6GB HD and floppy drive only... yet the CMOS battery ...
Read more : Resurrecting an i486 - BIOS needed? | Views : 966 | Replies : 4 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

I can't believe this. Bios password unknown... fixable?

Is there a fix for this at all? This was sent to my mother in law who said it worked fine once, but after that, it locks up every time it boots up. I tried to get into the bios to see why the floppy drive is set incorrectly, but could not get around or guess the password.

The PC is a NEC Ready 9712 (yes, it's an old P166) but I want to get ...
Read more : I can't believe this. Bios password unknown... fixable? | Views : 877 | Replies : 1 | Forum : My motherboard is dead

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 55943 • Total topics 10988 • Total members 9705