Future Power

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
otto190
New visitors - please read the rules.

Has anyone besides me bought one of these boards? I can't find any info on board manufacturer or on bios upgrade. Hate to pitch it just because i put a 40g hd in and it won't see it..

Info

Program: eSupport.com BIOS Detect v1.2 July 21, 2003
BIOS Date: 02/07/01
BIOS Type: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PGN
BIOS ID: 02/07/2001-SiS-630-6A6IRJ1CC-00
OEM Sign-On: FP-SI630S G02 02-07-2001
Chipset: SiS 630 rev 49
Superio: Winbond 697HF rev 5 found at port 2Eh
CPU Type: Intel Celeron(TM)
CPU Speed: 600 Mhz
CPU Max: 600 Mhz
BIOS ROM In Socket: Yes
BIOS ROM Size: 256K
Memory Installed: 224 MB
Memory Maximum: 512 MB

Any help would be greatly appreciated
ajzchips
El cheapo dude

Heh... it's an Award 6 BIOS, dated mid 2001. Should see just about anything.

Tried the drive in another system?
Denniss
BIOS Guru

Looks like a Jetway OEM mainboard according to the J1 manufacturer ID in Bios string
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...
Ritchie
BIOS Guru

My guess would be a HDD jumpering/cabling issue. Try removing the jumper for Master/Slave/CS etc. and try different positions. Such as Master instead of CS or vice-versa. I would think that should solve it.
otto190

Thanks all for taking the time to reply. I tried the jumper settings and stuff before starting my query. I reset the cmos and now I'm getting the error that "Please enter the cpu speed in cmos setup and remember to save before exit." Thats as far as it goes. Can't get to my bios. My guess is my bios is cooked. Go figure, didn't even flash it yet, that was my next step. I've never come across that one before ???
Thanks again
Ritchie
BIOS Guru

Apparently you have a board where the BIOS is used/can be used. to make the CPU settings. I don't think your BIOS is cooked; not at this stage anyway. Enter your BIOS setup and load defaults. Also run your HDD autodetection. Save and exit. If your CPU is displayed correctly you are done with that part - if not you will need to go back into the BIOS and find where the settings can be adjusted manually - set to auto if available, but if auto is unavailable you will need to set it manually but take care to choose the correct settings - especially the CPU voltage. If you do not know the voltage of your CPU either change the setting or leave it on auto.

Regarding the HDD again, does that detect now. When I said "My guess would be a HDD jumpering/cabling issue" I was referring to jumpers on the hard disk drive itself, not jumpers on the main board or elsewhere. If your HDD still does not detect at all and you have not change jumpers on the hard drive, this could still be the problem.

Anyway, since there is now a problem with the CPU settings, it is probably best to resolve that first. I don't think your BIOS is cooked.
otto190

Thanks Ritchie,my problem with the bios is I can't get to it. I counts the ram, checks for drives than tells me that my cpu has changed. And that's it. Stops there...I've tried unhooking the mouse and keyboard to try to get a different error, but no go. Tried mashing keys, resetting the cmos even removed the battery for 24 hrs and shorted the pins before putting it back in. Same boot.. :evil: :evil: :evil: I've never come across this problem before taht's why it's so frustrating.
Ritchie
BIOS Guru

No DEL, F1, etc?

Unusual, especially when the POST screen does come up.

Maybe remove the CPU, boot without it, then power back down and re-install the CPU, and maybe that will cause the system to initialise differently and give you a chance to do something.

If you changed any mainboard jumpers, maybe change them back to what they were or their defaults.