Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
#53141 by behind_times
Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:05 pm
I have an SE440BX-2 motherboard with a Pentium III 800MHz that I am working on. On boot up I get a “Invalid System Configuration Data – run configuration utility” error. The BIOS string is showing 4S4EB2X0.05A.0006.P005 and a 700MHz processor. Everything that I could change in the BIOS is correct. It does not let me change the processor speed (with jumper in maint. Config). I was thinking that the BIOS is out dated but it will not accept the 4S4EB2X0.86A.0024.P17 update I down loaded from Intel’s web site.
This is the first time I have ever attempted a BIOS update, but I believe I did it correctly. The initial file contained the 4 files as mentioned in the readme file. I then expanded the BIOS.exe file and moved them to a boot disk and re-booted the pc. The screen shows that it is up–dating the BIOS and then shows that is has completed and to re-boot. Upon re-boot, everything is still the same.
I know I’m behind the times as far as processor speed goes, but believe it or not this PC would double the speed of my current PC.