Need Award Modular v4.51 bios update for Icean motherboard

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
robbierob69
New visitors - please read the rules.

I need a bios update for Award Modular v4.51. I updated to Windows 98 se and now under the device manager it is not recognizing the primary ide controller (dual fifo). here are my board specs

BIOS Date: 04/16/98
BIOS Type: [ÿÿ]l v4.51PGM
BIOS ID: 04/16/98-i440BX-00000006C-00
BIOS Eval: AX6B R1.10 Apr.16.1998 AOpen Inc.
Chipset: Intel 440BX/ZX rev 2
Superio: Winbond 977F/AF rev 0 found at port 3F0h

Can you please help.

email robbierob69@yahoo.com
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

robbierob69 wrote:here are my board specs
BIOS Eval: AX6B R1.10 Apr.16.1998 AOpen Inc.
I guess that's going to be an AOpen Inc AX6B then.
Downloads home page at http://club.aopen.com.tw/downloads/default.asp
robbierob69

The update worked , however I am still having problems with the primary ide controller. It says that it cannot find or does not have the correct drivers for it. When I go to shut the computer off it gives me a blue screen error of "unable to write to disk in drive C: data or files may be lost" and blue screen error "The volume that was removed had open files on it. Next time check to see if the volume can really be removed." Can you give me any advice
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

Make sure you have jumpers on all IDE devices configured properly. Open Regedit and search for "noide". If you find a NoIDE entry with value 01, delete it. Then boot into Safe Mode, remove the Dual PCI IDE controller from Device Manager and reboot.
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere
robbierob69

I still cannot get this thing to work. I have searched for noide and it is nowhere to be found. I have searched microsoft's knowledge base and they don't have anything that pertains to this either. I guess what I need are drivers for the primary ide controller. The secondary ide controller is working properly.
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

Did you try:
Boot into Safe Mode, remove the Dual PCI IDE controller from Device Manager and reboot.
to get it re-detected ?
Denniss
BIOS Guru

A possible cause for your problem on the first IDE-Controller is a Bios with UDMA BUG : the Bios tries to enable UDMA66(UDMA Mode 4) or higher despite your boards ability to run UDMA33(UDMA Mode 2) as maximum

Another cause is a faulty IDE/UDMA cable or a 80 wire UDMA cable installed in the wrong way or a conflict of your HDD with the slave device on the same channel or a Master/Slave/Cable Select jumpering problem

Please have a look what UDMA mode your HDD is detected from your Bios