S2DGU V-R1.4a to V-R1.6

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
Oldguy
New visitors - please read the rules.

I am setting up to upgrade to Win XP from Win98 and one of the items on the list was check for BIOS upgrade. The inquiry to SuperMicro's tech support returned the following: Quote "If its working don't change it." :?: Well duh, but most upgrades take care of one problem or another that was overlooked or unforseen by the original program. So it would be nice to see what issues the 1.4a to 1.6 upgrade addressed so I could make the decision for myself. If none relate to my system and what I am attempting to do then no upgrade would be attempted.
"Joe User" out here doesn't seem to matter enough for the Company Techs to explain and it was not listed at their site. :? So if any one has performed this upgrade or has the relevent information about the changes, I would be interested in what exactly the upgrade took care of.

Nov.23,02 addition: I didn't realize this was such a problem or maybe I ask the question in the wrong way.

I assumed that SuperMicro found out there was problems with some part of the BIOS (V-1.4a) on their S2DBU motherboard, with either some newer software or hardware, and created BIOS VERSION 1.6 to correct this problem. Somewhere someplace SOMEONE must have made a note or two on why they made the update and what they were trying to correct with it. All I am asking is how do I get this information so I can make a senseable decision :? Thanks, Oldguy
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

No, it's just that there are a lot of BIOSes out there and if the tech guys won't tell you they probably can't (usually because somone in design didn't document it, and I speak as someone who has been on both sides). If the tech guys can't help, it comes down to how your luck is running and whether someone randomly cruising the site (or one of us moderators) just happens to know. BTW, it saves us time if you provide a link to the BIOSes you found :) I guess they are in ftp://supermicro.com/Bios/oldbios/ somewhere?
Tested patched BIOSes. Untested patched BIOSes.
Emails *will* be ignored unless the subject line starts "Wim's BIOS forum"
Oldguy
New visitors - please read the rules.

Oops, I guess I figured those in the know had all the information at their fingertips,,,,sorry.
I located the BIOS upgrade at: http://www.supermicro.com/TECHSUPPORT/BIOS/bios.htm
They can be contacted at "support@supermicro.com".
I thought about pretending I was a Tech and requesting the information as a company request, but I not sure I'm well enough versed in the lingo to pull it off.... Any information on this subject anyone could dig up would be appreciated. Oldguy