update Chaintech 7AIA0 bios

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
rympwer5
New visitors - please read the rules.

The motherboard has the first Chaintech bios for that board dated 26/09/2000 .
The bios has the "Press ALT and F2 to enter AwardFlash" .
I have flashed a few bios but I haven't noticed the "press ALT + F2 to enter AwardFlash" before .
Is that only in an old bios , it's a version 7 something award bios .
I emailed Chaintech today and received a reply with the latest 7AIA0 motherboard bios .
Should I make up a floppy Boot Disk and use the latest Award Flash program , version 8.22 and include the bios file ?
cp
BIOS Guru

making a bootable floppy and include those files is the standard procedure, yes. i guess there's a reason you're updating the bios, so just do it ;) using the files that came with the archive should work fine, although i personally recommend uniflash.
happy flashing!
rympwer5
New visitors - please read the rules.

done , flashed ok .
gee , Uniflash is faster than AwardFlash - nice !
I would have liked to have saved the original bios like AwardFlash asks .
If there is a failure at any point - I wouldn't quite know if there was a bios failure , could I reflash the bios with the same bios I updated to today ?
I don't have an operating system in the computer yet , I might try a Linux as an experiment .
edwin
The Hardware Archivist

I would have liked to have saved the original bios like AwardFlash asks .
If you had actually read the main menu that opens when you start uniflash you would have seen the entry to do so. uniflash is a bit like linux, no room for errors but fast if you know what you're doing ;)

As for your original bios, it may be in the 5 other versions we have lying around for this board :D
edwin/evasive

Do not assume anything

System error, strike any user to continue...