error message when i try to update my bios

Questions that don't belong in the other forums.
schumy
I didn't read the rules

hi i have a mb pc partner exm835d at the manufacyturer site i found 2 updates for my bios but those updates whwn i try to update with awdflash give my a error message "the files number does not match with your file system".
i have noticied that the OEM signons that give me the Bios wizard it's not the same of the updates.
where i can find the correct updates?

i give you the result of the bios wizard

BIOS ID: 2A69JV3FC
BIOS DATE: 12/23/98
Bios Signon: 12/23/1998-ITE8671-2A69JV3FC-00
BIOS type: Award Modular BIOS v4.51PG
Chipset: Intel 440EX/LX rev 3
OEM signon: BIOS-I (81223)

sorry for my english
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

Interesting. The latest 1 Mbit EXM835D BIOS on the site is older than yours, i.e. 98/11/05 vs your 98/12/23. Have you checked the number on the PCB is 35-8835-XX ?

Why do you want to upgrade ?
Tested patched BIOSes. Untested patched BIOSes.
Emails *will* be ignored unless the subject line starts "Wim's BIOS forum"
schumy
I didn't read the rules

NickS wrote:Interesting. The latest 1 Mbit EXM835D BIOS on the site is older than yours, i.e. 98/11/05 vs your 98/12/23. Have you checked the number on the PCB is 35-8835-XX ?

Why do you want to upgrade ?
i want update because all the 3d application with windows aftyer 95 crash i have the same problem with my old pc and i have resolving updating the bios
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

Update: Edwin lists a number of boards with the BIOS ID you have given, 12/23/1998-ITE8671-2A69JV3FC-00, BIOS-I (81223): see http://www.elhvb.com/mboards/vtech/i440bios.html, find a patched BIOS for PC Partner LXB834D, LXB843D, EXB831D and EXB841D boards with ITE8671 I/O (1 Mbit, 128KByte BIOS ROM) at http://wims.rainbow-software.org/ if you want to break the 32 GiB barrier.
schumy
I didn't read the rules

NickS wrote:Update: Edwin lists a number of boards with the BIOS ID you have given, 12/23/1998-ITE8671-2A69JV3FC-00, BIOS-I (81223): see http://www.elhvb.com/mboards/vtech/i440bios.html, find a patched BIOS for PC Partner LXB834D, LXB843D, EXB831D and EXB841D boards with ITE8671 I/O (1 Mbit, 128KByte BIOS ROM) at http://wims.rainbow-software.org/ if you want to break the 32 GiB barrier.
sorry i don't understand what bios update i must use
i must use a bios for another mb?
it's dangerous?
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

schumy wrote:i want update because all the 3d application with windows aftyer 95 crash i have the same problem with my old pc and i have resolving updating the bios
Ah, the patched BIOS will probably not help then; it is the same as you have with the HDD bug fixed. The later BIOS requires a bigger (2 Mbit) flash chip. Maybe this is an ACPI compatibility problem ?
schumy
I didn't read the rules

NickS wrote:
schumy wrote:i want update because all the 3d application with windows aftyer 95 crash i have the same problem with my old pc and i have resolving updating the bios
Ah, the patched BIOS will probably not help then; it is the same as you have with the HDD bug fixed. The later BIOS requires a bigger (2 Mbit) flash chip. Maybe this is an ACPI compatibility problem ?
and i can't update then?
if it's a acpi problem how i can solve this problem?
my video card is an agp riva tnt 2 m 64
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

I'm afraid my solution is that I continue to run W95 OSR2 on my old boards :?

Looks as though that BIOS is too old to know about ACPI, so your OS should not worry about it; maybe the problems are elsewhere. I guess you have the latest DirectX and TNT2 M64 drivers; did you check out http://www.tweakcentral.de/tweakguides/tnt/ (assuming you are German speaking)
schumy
I didn't read the rules

NickS wrote:I'm afraid my solution is that I continue to run W95 OSR2 on my old boards :?

Looks as though that BIOS is too old to know about ACPI, so your OS should not worry about it; maybe the problems are elsewhere. I guess you have the latest DirectX and TNT2 M64 drivers; did you check out http://www.tweakcentral.de/tweakguides/tnt/ (assuming you are German speaking)
i have the latest directx and drivers but his the same :cry:
i'm italian not german :wink:
and if i update with 2 mbits bios i break all right?
there's a mode to i can work program that does'nt support win 95 on win 95?
NickS
BIOS Bodhisattva

schumy wrote: and if i update with 2 mbits bios i break all right?
Yes, you cannot fit 2 Mbits into a 1 Mbit ROM, it needs a new chip.
there's a mode to i can work program that does'nt support win 95 on win 95?
I guess not.

I would try asking on some 3D forums to see if anyone has experience of your problems. I would also check other options; could it be that the applications you use on the later OS drive the card harder ? I had a Voodoo 3 which would work most of the time but crashed when it ran graphics-intensive applications such as 3DMark. That was fine with an extra fan :)