Hot swapping problem. Help me please.

Discusses BIOS flashers and utilities from Award, AMI and Uniflash
bob_99
New visitors - please read the rules.

I tried to program a memory AM29F040B (512 kB) from amd. I tried to use uniflash or amiflash. When i program it, uniflash program correctly the end 256 kB of the memory. (I tried with two motherboard)

how do I program it correctly ?
Denniss
BIOS Guru

either the chip is damaged or the board you're using does not support 512KByte flashroms
What happened with Amiflash ?
Which versions of Uniflash/Amiflash are you using ?
bob_99

This is a new chip. with amiflash, there are a verification in the middle of the programmation. This verification doesn't pass. I use the lastest version of uniflash/amiflash.

I think the motherboard does not support 512 kByte flashrom. (because pin A18/vpp ? )

I also tried on a abit at7 max, but uniflash and amiflash does not work on it (I tried to force the flashrom, but nothing).
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

I haven't seen yet a board that can flash full capacity of AM29F040 chip - I have one of these chips too.
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere
bob_99

If I make a switch on pin a18/vpp (then a18 = Vih or Vil) and if I force the chip's part to a am29F020, can I program 2 part of 29f040 ?
Rainbow
The UniFlasher

AMD 29F020 datasheet does not exist - so most probably this chip does not exist too. Make the switch and you can try this:
Split the 512KB file into two 256KB files. Then put together 2 copies of one these files to make 512KB file (that contains the 256KB file twice) and flash it (ignore the verify error). Then flip the switch and repeat the same procedure with the other file.
Patched and tested BIOSes are at http://wims.rainbow-software.org
UniFlash - Flash anything anywhere
bob_99

It's ok. the chip is correctly program.
Thanks for your help.